Camera on the Galaxy Note 3

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am new to the GN3 and have a question on the camera... It seems to take a long time for the picture to take after I press the button. Is there a setting that I can make it faster?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera on the GN3

Have you turned off smart stabilization?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I am new to the GN3 and have a question on the camera... It seems to take a long time for the picture to take after I press the button. Is there a setting that I can make it faster?

Thanks

As dpham00 said, if smart stabilization is on, you will get a delay and the message "processing", touch this icon so it displays "off"
3y2a6emu.jpg

Kitkat fixes the issue, or at least it did for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As dpham00 said, if smart stabilization is on, you will get a delay and the message "processing", touch this icon so it displays "off"http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/13/3y2a6emu.jpg

Kitkat fixes the issue, or at least it did for me.

I am assuming not a Verizon Note 3 though?

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I am assuming not a Verizon Note 3 though?

Sprint, the delay was annoying as heck, after kitkat upgrade it must have reset the default back to on, seems to not affect speed at all now, and no "processing" message, and it actually works fairly well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Great to hear.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that is great to hear that the "processing" message no longer pops up with smart stabilization on after the kit kat update. This is the first I have heard about it. I just upgraded from a Note 2 so this Note 3 camera took some practice to get optimal results. Thanks rusty502.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Yes, that is great to hear that the "processing" message no longer pops up with smart stabilization on after the kit kat update. This is the first I have heard about it. I just upgraded from a Note 2 so this Note 3 camera took some practice to get optimal results. Thanks rusty502.

Yes, It seems to speed the camera up noticeably, unfortunately, it is still over aggressive with noise reduction on low light photos, but, as a phone camera, I'm happy with the results.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I have been turning down the exposure value to either -5 or -1.0 depending on the low light condition but with smart stabilization on and in most cases having flash set to auto. This is based on "testing" since I have only had my Note 3 for a couple weeks.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I have been turning down the exposure value to either -5 or -1.0 depending on the low light condition but with smart stabilization on and in most cases having flash set to auto. This is based on "testing" since I have only had my Note 3 for a couple weeks.

I have DSLRs for "serious" things, but my Note 3 has replaced my point & shoot, have you tried camera fv5? It gives almost full control, a little complicated, but very good quality, only problem with it is, after kitkat, it will not save to your external SD card.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

The Camera FV-5, which I have not yet tried but I will look into....is this something that the developer can issue an update for to fix the external SD card save ability with the Kit Kat update?

Edit: Very nice application. I just may end up getting the Pro version. I hope it gets updated to play nice with Kit Kat to correctly store photos into the external card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

The Camera FV-5, which I have not yet tried but I will look into....is this something that the developer can issue an update for to fix the external SD card save ability with the Kit Kat update?

Edit: Very nice application. I just may end up getting the Pro version. I hope it gets updated to play nice with Kit Kat to correctly store photos into the external card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I don't know, it's not that big of an issue really, I can move the photos with the file manager, gives me a chance to delete the crap, just adds an extra step.

markag6

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

I have DSLRs for "serious" things, but my Note 3 has replaced my point & shoot, have you tried camera fv5? It gives almost full control, a little complicated, but very good quality, only problem with it is, after kitkat, it will not save to your external SD card.

I've got a DSLR too and I've been very impressed with the camera on the note 3. If the conditions are right, it takes pictures that are as good or better then my Nikon D90. My DSLR makes getting good pictures easer, but the phone works great for stationary objects when there is a normal amount of light. It takes way better pictures then any point and shoot I've ever used.

Posted with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I've got a DSLR too and I've been very impressed with the camera on the note 3. If the conditions are right, it takes pictures that are as good or better then my Nikon D90. My DSLR makes getting good pictures easer, but the phone works great for stationary objects when there is a normal amount of light. It takes way better pictures then any point and shoot I've ever used.

Posted with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App

I agree! It's a fantastic camera, people that complain about it are trying to do things even a DSLR would have trouble with, I have a D7000 and a D300, and in good light, shooting static subjects, I'm very happy with the note 3

markag6

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I would say that most indoor light is good enough. The only times I really have trouble are low light. I use mine at work to take pictures on the plant floor of parts and equipment. I was able recently to measure a 0.004" feature on a part off of an image from my camera. The image was crisp and clear enough that I could zoom in on my image and see details at the thousandths of an inch level.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk