Maps and turn by turn

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This question might have been answered but when i had my note 2 and the maps were updated they got rid of the computer generated lady that speaks the directions and gave you a more fluid and more genuine lady that doesnt sound like a computer. But on my note 3 i only have the computer generated lady that gives me the turn by turn directions even when update to the newest version...why is that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This question might have been answered but when i had my note 2 and the maps were updated they got rid of the computer generated lady that speaks the directions and gave you a more fluid and more genuine lady that doesnt sound like a computer. But on my note 3 i only have the computer generated lady that gives me the turn by turn directions even when update to the newest version...why is that?

I don't know if you have this or not - when I wanted a better (more human sounding) voice I had to go into the Samsung apps and search for "English female high quality" voice. I've included a link to the one I have:

http://www.samsungapps.com/appquery...T.lang_en_us_l01&cntyTxt=311&equipID=SM-N900V

You can also of course get male voices, accents, and other languages depending on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you have this or not - when I wanted a better (more human sounding) voice I had to go into the Samsung apps and search for "English female high quality" voice. I've included a link to the one I have:

http://www.samsungapps.com/appquery...T.lang_en_us_l01&cntyTxt=311&equipID=SM-N900V

You can also of course get male voices, accents, and other languages depending on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Perfect got it...thank you!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Pull the media card let it boot up. if that fixes it shut it down and reinsert the car. Mine was rebooting and that fixed it. It also fixed the GPS issue I was having.

Sounds like you are using google voice. Switch to samsung voice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you are using google voice. Switch to samsung voice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

where in the settings can I change that? That Google voice sounds like a sadistic dominatrix, I keep expecting her to slap me if I make a wrong turn, lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Settings - language and input - text to speech.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro