Copied my google play music library over to my laptop, but they won't play on it.

Russelltlm

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I was able to copy my music library from my sd card (around 40gb) to my laptop. Itunes doesn't recognize them, winamp will display them, but the time shows as 0:00. Quicktime gives an error. Mediamonkey won't play them. Any ideas? I'd really like to put some of this on my iPod, but have hit a brick wall with this development. If it matters, I copied the music from my gnote 3 using mediamonkey.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If your Google Play Music library is synced to the cloud, I would suggest using the Google Music Manager program on your computer to download your entire library, which can be done an unlimited number of times. If you try to download individual songs or albums directly from your Google Music Library website, you're limited to two total downloads of each track in its lifetime, so that can be a little limiting.

What were the music files that you copied over? Google Play Music on your phone doesn't allow you to download music as recognizable files in an easily accessible folder, so I'm assuming it wasn't those files.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If the files you copied were downloaded over a service like Google Play Music, iTunes or something like that they are encrypted files that are not normally recognized without the app. This helps fight piracy, and no one will change that no matter how you complain. If the files were ripped from a CD and you have the raw MP3 files then you can transfer them anywhere you like. If you bought them off of some service even if you thought you got the MP3 and have the right to transfer them, you unfortunately don't technically own them in that manner. You still need the software you purchased them through. However, Google is really good at letting you play your files from anywhere if you got them through their service. Downloading them to you device is only to help you in off line play and not so much for transfer. So, go to google.com, then in the top left corner, hit the 9 boxes icon and then go to play, then to the left hit music and then my music and they will all be right there for you in your library.

Russelltlm

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If your Google Play Music library is synced to the cloud, I would suggest using the Google Music Manager program on your computer to download your entire library, which can be done an unlimited number of times. If you try to download individual songs or albums directly from your Google Music Library website, you're limited to two total downloads of each track in its lifetime, so that can be a little limiting.

What were the music files that you copied over? Google Play Music on your phone doesn't allow you to download music as recognizable files in an easily accessible folder, so I'm assuming it wasn't those files.

I only have google music on my sd card, and using mediamonkey, I was able to locate the file that the music is in. I simply highlighted the files named 10.mp3, 11.mp3 and so on and then drug them over to a folder on my desktop. It took a few hours to copy the 4700 songs over. No biggie if I can't get them to work. I do most of my listening via the phone because I have satellite internet and a limited supply of monthly gb that seems to be used way too quickly. AT&T is at maximum capacity and has the fiber optic cable that runs near my home tied up in court, so satellite is my only option. I was hoping to drop the songs from my phone to the computer and then some to the iPod. Thanks for the help.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't do a whole lot of music transfers to pc but you could transfer some some song to phone storage and use it as your Ipod. That is what I do so I don't have to use my data all the time. I know the device is a little big but it works. I have an sd card also for this reason, that way I don't bog up the phone with music.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If it's music that you purchased from "Google music", then as B. Diddy said, download your music through the music manager and you should then be able to take those mp3 files and put them through iTunes to put on your iPod. I personally do not use the cloud storage so I download my purchased music to my computer directly from Google Play music, and make personal cds or put on my older devices that I use for entertainment.

from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk

rwatson1870

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If it's music that you purchased from "Google music", then as B. Diddy said, download your music through the music manager and you should then be able to take those mp3 files and put them through iTunes to put on your iPod. I personally do not use the cloud storage so I download my purchased music to my computer directly from Google Play music, and make personal cds or put on my older devices that I use for entertainment.

from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk

I am not sure how to burn music from my Google Play onto a CD. How did you do it?

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Use Windows media player and selected my songs to make either an audio or data cd. My vehicle is 10 years old so it will only read audio CDs. Also, make sure your music files are a recognizable format like mp3 so they will play on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63