Verizon Note 3: Installed CWM and now it's a disaster

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I installed CWM on my SM-N900V and I didn't realize I can't do that because of the Verizon block on it. So installed Safestrap and all was good. But now I'm having several force closes after install Jelly Beans ROM B6. I've heard that doing a Factory Data Reset might fix this issue so I tried and I can't because I still have the CWM Recovery installed. Is there a way I can flash back to original in order to do a Factory Data Reset??

Galaxy Note 3 running Jelly Beans B6

Last edited by a moderator:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: Installed CWM and now it's a disaster

Locate and flash twrp recovery. I've had better luck with that compared to cwm

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

None of them are compatible with the Verizon model yet because Verizon has some type of security on it. That's why I'm using safestrap. I'm just trying to get the stock recovery back on there.

Galaxy Note 3 running Jelly Beans B6

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you might have to Odin back to stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to try that and then re root my device. How do I go about finding a stock ROM for my device?

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to try that and then re root my device. How do I go about finding a stock ROM for my device?

SamMobile | Everything for your Samsung Mobile under firmware. Type in your model and download after locating. I have found that most US versions are listed as "UNKOWN" under country. Not sure why that is. You will have to create an account to download the firmware for them however. Its always a good idea to have the stock firmware on hand while playing, and its starting to become the first thing I do once its available.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

SamMobile | Everything for your Samsung Mobile under firmware. Type in your model and download after locating. I have found that most US versions are listed as "UNKOWN" under country. Not sure why that is. You will have to create an account to download the firmware for them however. Its always a good idea to have the stock firmware on hand while playing, and its starting to become the first thing I do once its available.
Perfect! Thank you so much

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Safestrap is the only recovery you can use to flash roms on the Verizon note 3 due to having a locked bootloader.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Safestrap is the only recovery you can use to flash roms on the Verizon note 3 due to having a locked bootloader.

Yes I'm running that currently. I just made the mistake of installing CWM. I learned that pretty quick lol

Posted via Android Central App

Spiff637

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes I'm running that currently. I just made the mistake of installing CWM. I learned that pretty quick lol

I just did the same thing, and am really happy that I'm not the only one.. Have you been able to recover it back?

Thanks!
Posted via Android Central App