Storage graph in settings says device memory is full, but file browsers say storage isn't close

Dustin Boren

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to start research for this, so i decided to post a thread. Since i've rooted my note 3, ive been having trouble downloading apps or their updates due to insufficient space. in the storage settings, the graph says i have close to 30GB in miscellaneous files. when i click on miscellaneous files, it says there is only 40 files adding up to 172MB. ive cleared system cache and dalvik and thats kinda all ive done being that i dont know where to begin. any help is appreciated:)

harleydroid

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to start research for this, so i decided to post a thread. Since i've rooted my note 3, ive been having trouble downloading apps or their updates due to insufficient space. in the storage settings, the graph says i have close to 30GB in miscellaneous files. when i click on miscellaneous files, it says there is only 40 files adding up to 172MB. ive cleared system cache and dalvik and thats kinda all ive done being that i dont know where to begin. any help is appreciated:)

Your storage is going to show this way when on a rom slot.
I backed up my stock rom and then wiped the stock slot in safestrap recovery then flashed my Eclipse rom to stock slot. This is currently the only way to get the storage to work the right way.

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3

Dustin Boren

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Your storage is going to show this way when on a rom slot.
I backed up my stock rom and then wiped the stock slot in safestrap recovery then flashed my Eclipse rom to stock slot. This is currently the only way to get the storage to work the right way.

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3

thank you that was the answer i needed, that fixed it