Update unrooted phone, what is the best option?
Recently i made a mistake to update my note, it was rooted and after the update, the root was removed -__-
I'm not too sure on what to do since all the threads I see varies in options. Some say use kingo, others say dont, and of course the majority seem to want to wipe the device and start over.
If it possible to re-root without wiping? (As in keep all my files and settings) I really don't want to go through the hassle at the moment. Plus I cant use my Titanium since it requires root...
I'm saw this topic covered a lot but, not really answer my question.
Any help is appreciated, cheers!
- 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM #2
Re: Update unrooted phone, what is the best option?
My own personal opinion is to back up everything, wipe the phone and root NOT using a program like Kingo. Rooting by installing files, and recoveries teaches you things about your phone no other way can.
- By GravityMan in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 13Last Post: 07-29-2014, 08:06 PM
- By Zax1108 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 03-19-2014, 12:08 AM
- By breakheart in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM
- By Josh28 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM
- By rohankmehra in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:51 AM