Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andr0idralphie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS signal lost

My note 3 can't update my gps status for the past few weeks. I've downloaded gps fix apps but it's no use. Does anyone's vz note 3 have this issue lately?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: GPS signal lost

This thread may have some information that could help GPS issue question

That thread is pretty useless. I have battled this issue for 2 months now. I have given up on finding a remedy. Since it doesn't seem to be impacting everyone I will try and get a replacement phone.

Get a replacement. My note 3 locks into gps just fine and I use gps a few times a day

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Mine works with golf gps apps, but not with waze or google map when I need to use a navigator. It keeps losing signals while I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by bongta029 View Post
    Mine works with golf gps apps, but not with waze or google map when I need to use a navigator. It keeps losing signals while I'm driving.

Is it being placed in an area with direct view of the glass/outside? Metal can reduce gps accuracy

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Captain Obvious here... I presume you've tried restarting your phone? On occasion I've had GPS issues but a restart has always done the trick.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

that did not work for me. I replaced it with refurbished once twice, and it fixed the issue temporarily because it's doing it again on my new device.

Oddly enough my device began having a hard time around the time I updated to Maps 8.0. Now I've got to drive for a good ten minutes before Maps appears to catch up with where I am. In NYC ten minutes on a route can throw me the heck off from getting to work on time big time.

Restarting the phone, turning off and on GPS, removing Maps from the recent apps list, clearing its cache all seem to be hit or miss when it comes to regaining a reliable lock on where I am.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
    Baby_Doc likes this.

Alright, noticing that Google services-based apps were choking up sometimes on data when I move in and out of data-available locations (I'm all over the city at work) and, I believe, Maps relies heavily on having an active data connection what I've done that appears to work is toggling mobile data.

Sure it states I've an LTE connection but this seems to be the only thing that works for me so far. I recently slapped in the 8.1 APK and hope to try it soon... without the workaround.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~