[HELP]De La Vega Issue

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So before I installed CWM on my recovery, not realizing that the SM-N900V won't let you use a custom recovery, and I flashed my Note back to stock firmware with Odin so I could get my recovery back. Now I'm wanting to root with De La Vega instead of vroot, like I did last time. I created the file in cygwin and I flashed it with Odin but right near the end in Odin it pops up FAIL. The same on my phone too. I was wondering why this is and how can I fix it?

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So before I installed CWM on my recovery, not realizing that the SM-N900V won't let you use a custom recovery, and I flashed my Note back to stock firmware with Odin so I could get my recovery back. Now I'm wanting to root with De La Vega instead of vroot, like I did last time. I created the file in cygwin and I flashed it with Odin but right near the end in Odin it pops up FAIL. The same on my phone too. I was wondering why this is and how can I fix it?

Use this method....works fine. Uses vroot and kingo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c62Zn7uw_iw

Once done...you can install safestrap recovery, it too works fine.

May I also suggest that once you have root, that you rename the file /etc/security/otacerts.zip to /etc/security/otacerts.zip.BAK

That should prevent any OTA from being forced on you. OTAs are typically not compatible with rooted phones.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Use this method....works fine. Uses vroot and kingo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c62Zn7uw_iw

Once done...you can install safestrap recovery, it too works fine.

May I also suggest that once you have root, that you rename the file /etc/security/otacerts.zip to /etc/security/otacerts.zip.BAK

That should prevent any OTA from being forced on you. OTAs are typically not compatible with rooted phones.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21