Several questions for a newbie

jeeeps

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to Android so would you mind answering a couple of questions I can't quite figure out?

1) When doing a regular Google search, the first results are often apps. How do I make it so that apps don't take up the first page of any google chrome search?
2) After downloading an app from google play immediately after downloading and installing it closes play and takes me to the desktop. I would rather keep looking for other apps and not have play automatically close.
3) The interface during a call is terrible, what is the key word I need to search for to replace this? I know that the word "Dialer" is used to modify the theme of the dial interface, but what is the one for the interface used during the actual call?

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to Android so would you mind answering a couple of questions I can't quite figure out?

1) When doing a regular Google search, the first results are often apps. How do I make it so that apps don't take up the first page of any google chrome search?
2) After downloading an app from google play immediately after downloading and installing it closes play and takes me to the desktop. I would rather keep looking for other apps and not have play automatically close.
3) The interface during a call is terrible, what is the key word I need to search for to replace this? I know that the word "Dialer" is used to modify the theme of the dial interface, but what is the one for the interface used during the actual call?

Thanks

Hello, Welcome to Android Central!

1. I do not understand the problem. Usually Google's results depend on what you are trying to search for.
2.Does it take you to the desktop and add an icon? If so, you have to go the settings in the Play Store and uncheck "Add Icon to Home Screen".
3.Are you talking about the design of the dialer?

jeeeps

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
1. While looking on google for an answer to these problems is when I experienced this. I thought perhaps there was a setting to disable Google Play results
2. I've disabled that option and it is still doing it. For example I downloaded Pinterest, then started browsing for other apps when this occurred:2014-03-23-14-07-04.jpg
3. No the dialer looks like this: 2.jpg
but after placing a call the interface changes to this: 3.jpg then to this after ending the call: 4.jpg

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

None of this seems normal if the settings are as you indicate.

In addition the icons and dialer in your screenshots appear to be from a somewhat modded device.

May I recommend, when asking for help, volunteering the modifications you have made so we can better assist you?

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

jeeeps

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have Solo Play Launcher w/ Camera360 Theme. I've uninstalled the Dialer+ app. I'll try disabling all the mods and see if that changes anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie