Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Several questions for a newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new to Android so would you mind answering a couple of questions I can't quite figure out?

1) When doing a regular Google search, the first results are often apps. How do I make it so that apps don't take up the first page of any google chrome search?
    2) After downloading an app from google play immediately after downloading and installing it closes play and takes me to the desktop. I would rather keep looking for other apps and not have play automatically close.
    3) The interface during a call is terrible, what is the key word I need to search for to replace this? I know that the word "Dialer" is used to modify the theme of the dial interface, but what is the one for the interface used during the actual call?

Thanks

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Several questions for a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeps View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to Android so would you mind answering a couple of questions I can't quite figure out?

1) When doing a regular Google search, the first results are often apps. How do I make it so that apps don't take up the first page of any google chrome search?
    2) After downloading an app from google play immediately after downloading and installing it closes play and takes me to the desktop. I would rather keep looking for other apps and not have play automatically close.
    3) The interface during a call is terrible, what is the key word I need to search for to replace this? I know that the word "Dialer" is used to modify the theme of the dial interface, but what is the one for the interface used during the actual call?

Thanks
    Hello, Welcome to Android Central!

1. I do not understand the problem. Usually Google's results depend on what you are trying to search for.
    2.Does it take you to the desktop and add an icon? If so, you have to go the settings in the Play Store and uncheck "Add Icon to Home Screen".
    3.Are you talking about the design of the dialer?
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

1. While looking on google for an answer to these problems is when I experienced this. I thought perhaps there was a setting to disable Google Play results
    2. I've disabled that option and it is still doing it. For example I downloaded Pinterest, then started browsing for other apps when this occurred:Several questions for a newbie-2014-03-23-14-07-04.jpg
    3. No the dialer looks like this: Several questions for a newbie-2.jpg
    but after placing a call the interface changes to this: Several questions for a newbie-3.jpg then to this after ending the call: Several questions for a newbie-4.jpg

Welcome to Android Central.

None of this seems normal if the settings are as you indicate.

In addition the icons and dialer in your screenshots appear to be from a somewhat modded device.

May I recommend, when asking for help, volunteering the modifications you have made so we can better assist you?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have Solo Play Launcher w/ Camera360 Theme. I've uninstalled the Dialer+ app. I'll try disabling all the mods and see if that changes anything.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It turns out that was an option in Solo Play. Thanks for your help!