Note 3: reprogram home button?

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to change the single press home shortcut from my magazine to another app our function?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: reprogram home button?

You can disable the open magazine from home button feature in the my magazine settings.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

You can use it to turn on S-Voice and I think you can also set Google Now instead, as for button remapping in the past there were apps for that, but you may be able to poke around in settings and set something else. I haven't since I typically use S-Voice or Google Now for my home button with a long press.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Search the play store for Home2 Shortcut. This is exactly what you want.

Sent from Chestnut Ridge N. Baltimore County

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

I have the home 2 app, it seems to only add an additional function not allow the reprogramming of the first press. Right now: 1 press my magazine, quick double tap s voice, hold in task mgr

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

You can disable the open magazine from home button feature in the my magazine settings.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Finally rid of that annoyance :) someone else had mentioned this is another thread and I finally got around to doing it. Thank you both.

Deb from my Note 3

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Mine is now disabled however home 2app doesn't seem to be worded very friendly that I can determine how to set it as something else

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Maybe I am confused about what u can change. Right now 2 taps opens voice search. Long press is task mgr. Single tap does nothing. I am looking to program the first press.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Single tap is always gonna take you to default home page whether it be touch whiz or a laucher you have installed...unless you root I don't think that can be changed. I have only seen the double tap be able to be changed.
Maybe someone else will chime in to help.
The only thing I like thus far about this phone is the physical push of the home button...so I have installed swipe home button app to get me back to default home screen from any app by just swiping up from above home key...I also have a default home page spot on SWIPE PAD app fo this purpose...that push button is just not one hand functional for me...I have to push it to had and phone wants to flip out of my hand.

BTW cute baby in your avatar...made me smile :)

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
That's my son :) 5 months on the first! I guess I didn't explain my question very well... Previously the single home press while already on the home screen opened my magazine. Now it does nothing BC I disabled my magazine. I have the double press set for voice search and long press task manager. I was looking to use the single press shortcut while already home for something else, previously my magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678