Galaxy Note 3 vs HTC One M8

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So does the HTC One M8 make you want to drop your Note 3? Why or why not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8

I actually dumped my note3 for a one max. I'm not sure what the specs are of the m8

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Another question. Did HTC make a move in the right direction to challenge (sales wise) the Samsung line? I know the previous HTC One had one awards, but it never really competed with the S4.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Cramppy camera. No OIS. Smaller screen in an oversized chassis. No S Pen. No 4K recording. Sense 6 is ugly.

No.

And no to your second statement. The S5 is clearly a better phone than the new One and the Note 3 is better in many ways and in a different category.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

bihjack216

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm relatively disappointed with both the s5 and m8 in comparison to our note 3s it is honestly a miniscule upgrade I will be waiting for the note 4 and or the iPhone 6 depending which impresses me more

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Screen is too small for my tastes

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

NOT A CHANCE:
When my Apple devices crapped out, I switched to the Note 3. I still had my iPad, and imagine my chock when I realized that ALL my school notes had disappeared and I could not retrieve them from my iPad or my macbook.
But when I fired up my Note 3 and opened up Evernotes (which has been rendered useless on IOS7) I got all my notes back, completed my homework assignments, sent them in (all from my Note 3), then completed a 20 something pages long final test that required graphics, multiple choice questions and fully written paragraphs and sent that in... also from my Note 3.

I have not had a single issue with it, it's lightening fast, easy to use, multitasking, it's balls deep ?ber fabulousness up the wazoo, as far as I'm concerned. So the HTC one M8 may make coffee and set up dates and stuff, I don't care, LOL. I'm keeping my Note 3, I won't be getting the Note 4 since I just got this one and I'm on a 2 year contract, but I will probably get the Note 5 eventually, though I'm in no hurry. I love my phone. :cool:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

NOT A CHANCE:
When my Apple devices crapped out, I switched to the Note 3. I still had my iPad, and imagine my chock when I realized that ALL my school notes had disappeared and I could not retrieve them from my iPad or my macbook.
But when I fired up my Note 3 and opened up Evernotes (which has been rendered useless on IOS7) I got all my notes back, completed my homework assignments, sent them in (all from my Note 3), then completed a 20 something pages long final test that required graphics, multiple choice questions and fully written paragraphs and sent that in... also from my Note 3.

I have not had a single issue with it, it's lightening fast, easy to use, multitasking, it's balls deep ?ber fabulousness up the wazoo, as far as I'm concerned. So the HTC one M8 may make coffee and set up dates and stuff, I don't care, LOL. I'm keeping my Note 3, I won't be getting the Note 4 since I just got this one and I'm on a 2 year contract, but I will probably get the Note 5 eventually, though I'm in no hurry. I love my phone. :cool:

Two things that are nice on the S5:

1. The camera is going to be better, like it or not. I don't have any complaints about my Note 3 Camera (I barely ever take pictures in the dark :p) but better is better :)
2. Samsung Put S Finder on the S5, which is the most baller implementation of Universal Search, IMO.

I actually like the look of the new TouchWiz; but I've never complained about TouchWiz (certainly not Nature UX), except for TW 3.0, which was am embarrassment for an overlay on a flagship device (Galaxy S and its variants).

Other than that, I don't see a reason to really want it. The Note 3 performs flawlessly for me and that's probably the only reason I'd want an upgrade.

The IP67 on the S5 may seal the deal for a lot of people who just want to feel safer with their smart device, though...

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Two things that are nice on the S5:

1. The camera is going to be better, like it or not. I don't have any complaints about my Note 3 Camera (I barely ever take pictures in the dark :p) but better is better :)
2. Samsung Put S Finder on the S5, which is the most baller implementation of Universal Search, IMO.

I actually like the look of the new TouchWiz; but I've never complained about TouchWiz (certainly not Nature UX), except for TW 3.0, which was am embarrassment for an overlay on a flagship device (Galaxy S and its variants).

Other than that, I don't see a reason to really want it. The Note 3 performs flawlessly for me and that's probably the only reason I'd want an upgrade.

The IP67 on the S5 may seal the deal for a lot of people who just want to feel safer with their smart device, though...

I use the S-Pen all the time so for me, the Note 3 is a better choice. What is IP67?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I would not switch. I have a M7 as well and do not think that the M8 is much of an upgrade.

My thoughts since you asked.
The M8 has a 4.75" workable screen area (with on screen buttons) basically the same size as the M7.
The M8 is very close in size to the N3....yet it has a 4.75" screen?? So disproportionate I can't even begin to complain.
The M8 camera, well....(HTC one will get the hint, Ultra Pixel will go away and when it does it will prove that it was a bad idea). I have the M7 and the camera reminds me of what we had 5 years ago.
The 8" of bezel (I think it's 8", using HTC's form of measuring. If it's a 5" screen than the bezel must be 8"...LOL)
The M8 is a scratch magnet, right...put a case on it??? Makes sense....people buying the M8 for it's beautiful metal back and then put a case on it to never see it again.
HTC put the headphone jack on the bottom....really?
No option for wireless charging.
No removable battery

Breaking it down, what the M8 does well the N3 has been doing (solid build, expandable memory, great screen, etc.).
And what the M8 does not do well, the N3 does very well (see above list).