Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BasPilot
  • 1 Post By Dog5000
  • 1 Post By ShaggyKids
  • 1 Post By ccpopham
  • 1 Post By BasPilot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Default [Humor] There's one sure fire way to get our update...

Okay, here's what we need to do. We need to start rumors, we need to say things that are absolute trolling with no doubt. We need to do all the things that lead up before an update. All of you that "work for VZW" need to come forward. That friend you know that works for VZW, ask them things. Go call support and ask them, telling them you'll tell no one, then put the full transcripts up here and let us know what they say. This is not a satire piece, this is real. We need to all start guessing and theorizing and going based off what our best friend once said to us while skydiving and we're certain we're hearing the release date. Tell us of you ultra-private soak test. WE NEED to start making random crap up and one day it will be right! Seriously, make up your best whopper and put it in here for us to all believe!

In the end of that we'll look back and chuckle as we remember the one that got it right. Oh, and the best part. Who ever gets it right gets 50 points! Leaked photos and such grant you an extra 10 points.

Points are redeemable on their cash value or in the store where these points are counted and tallied. Then, upon completion of the tally, spending shall begin the day before the end of the process in which will hereby be known as "The End". Contracts are null and void if and when the earth begins to rotate in a varied direction which will be known for the remainder of the time as "Pencil". The End of Pencil will be brought to us for redemption in person or over internet or if outside the continental United States but still within range of the sun, you should shout extremely loud but clearly after we realize the can on a string thing is impossible. Each point's cash value will be assigned based on the current exchange rate of the variable upper limit of the system of equations based in the book of hebrews known to only 3 people ever to walk this Pencil. Remaining in the list of valued rules shall be that winners are immediately disqualified from anything that is ever known to be. Remember to always wash hands before returning to work.

Now, give us what you know!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-29-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Rick Bell likes this.

Default Re: There's one sure fire way to get our update...

When faced with dilemmas such as "when will we get the FW update", I often wonder what Yoda would say.

So, in this particular case, I think Yoda would advise us with sage wisdom:

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Yoda (Character) - Quotes
    Last edited by Dog5000; 03-28-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Beyond Fire likes this.

I heard that they're offering 2 for 1 KK upgrades.

Posted via Android Central App

I'll just go with it when it happens it happens. I'm not in any rush.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Jude526 likes this.
    Android4life

Default Re: [Humor] There's one sure fire way to get our update...

The chances you will actually find a person that works for Verizon that can actually tell you when the update is going to be released are slim to none on these forums unfortunately. But best of luck to you and your crusade for justice little green robot Knight!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by fofjjsr; 04-01-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5

I do not see why everyone is wanting to update to kitkat. I have it on the note 12 and they have shut out sd card access for apps. This is android that did this and not samsung or verizon. My phone works great as is and the only noticeable difference is the sd card access which killed several of the apps that I like and they require sd card access to work correctly. They can keep the update.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    hdhuntr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccpopham View Post
    I do not see why everyone is wanting to update to kitkat. I have it on the note 12 and they have shut out sd card access for apps. This is android that did this and not samsung or verizon. My phone works great as is and the only noticeable difference is the sd card access which killed several of the apps that I like and they require sd card access to work correctly. They can keep the update.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app
    Did you come back from 2022? What does the Note 12 have, a holographic display? An S saber? Nuclear charger?

Did we ever get our jetpacks?

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

I just talked to VZW support, it appears their lead developers were all at the Google Headquarters during this stock split thing. We should have our update in 3 business days at most.

Global Posts
    2,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ccpopham View Post
    I do not see why everyone is wanting to update to kitkat. I have it on the note 12 and they have shut out sd card access for apps. This is android that did this and not samsung or verizon.
    That's not entirely correct. A properly coded app can still use the SD card. An app just can't write to other folders on the card that it doesn't own. Some like the change, some don't. My point is apps still have access to the SD card.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    That's not entirely correct. A properly coded app can still use the SD card. An app just can't write to other folders on the card that it doesn't own. Some like the change, some don't. My point is apps still have access to the SD card.
    Nothing in this thread is supposed to be even close to correct. Entirely correct is just too much to ask for in these messed up ramblings.
    Thanked by:
    fofjjsr likes this.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Why is that different than what happens during every update cycle?