Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to make sure....

That my phone doesn't automatically upgrade to KitKat when it comes out?
    I know most here will think I'm nuts but I've heard of enough problems with KitKat to know I'd rather stick with what I have since my phone works great now.
    The thing is I think I remember that when I first got my phone, I set it up for certain automatic updates. I'm pretty sure it's only for apps, but is there a way to make sure it doesn't automatically update to kitkat?

Default Re: Is there a way to make sure....

No there isn't. You can decline it but it will continue asking

Posted from my awesome Note3
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    That my phone doesn't automatically upgrade to KitKat when it comes out?
    I know most here will think I'm nuts but I've heard of enough problems with KitKat to know I'd rather stick with what I have since my phone works great now.
    The thing is I think I remember that when I first got my phone, I set it up for certain automatic updates. I'm pretty sure it's only for apps, but is there a way to make sure it doesn't automatically update to kitkat?
    At least with my HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon had the ability to "force" acceptance.....many with Thunderbolts reported they never got the option to refuse the update.

No idea if they can do that on the Note 3, but if you are rooted...you can stop an OTA from even downloading, let alone installing. That presumes the OTA certification file is still used to validate an OTA download.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

If Verizon is as thorough as ATT you won't have many problems. The whole sd card thing was blown way out of proportion. I haven't noticed any operating differences other than the notification bar. Sd card works as before with all my apps. ATT KK does have one bug at least with Android OS using more juice for some reason. Otherwise it works great.

ATT N3

just remember...the only people you'll see on forums are the few that have had problems with something...anything. There is a MUCH, MUCH greater number of people out there that have never had problems with Kit Kat or anything else for that matter. That's why I tend to take problems such as this with a grain of salt. Yeah...there are probably issues, but the % of people with success would be much larger!

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    If Verizon is as thorough as ATT you won't have many problems. The whole sd card thing was blown way out of proportion. I haven't noticed any operating differences other than the notification bar. Sd card works as before with all my apps. ATT KK does have one bug at least with Android OS using more juice for some reason. Otherwise it works great.

ATT N3
    What difference is there in the notification bar? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    What difference is there in the notification bar? Just wondering.
    The black background is gone and all text, battery, etc are white. It is strictly visual. Looks good though.

ATT N3

EvilGuppy,

If you are rooted, try using Titanium Backup to freeze a file named "SDM." I believe that is the file that will prevent it if frozen on the Note 3.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Oh boy... that's way techier than I am, lol. *head explodes*