Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Preparing For KK (music)

Preparing for KK if and when it arrives...haha. My question is if I have music of my own saved to sd card, will it play on note 3 after kit kat? it is not google play music it is old music I have downloaded over the years. If I store it to a cloud server wil it play? Just curious as I do not want to root just play the music I already have stored on external sd card.
    Now I did research this a little and not a lot popped up...just a bunch of stuff I don't understand about rooting and not being able to creat new folders or save apps to sd...I don't save or use an excessive amout of apps but I do like my music available.

Default Re: Preparing For KK (music)

I am running KK on ATT N3. I think the whole sd card thing was really blown out of proportion. I can do everything with my sd card I was able to do on 4.3 with no change. File manager works just as it did before and my music works just fine from sd card. I even bought a song from Amazon and copied from internal to sd card with no issues. I think it mainly affects app data/storage/usage on sd card. I haven't tried every app on my phone but I have had zero problems with all the important apps.

ATT N3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Preparing For KK (music)

Thank you for that bit of reassurance as I am sure we will be getting update sometime soon....sometimes I don't look forward to them.