Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung email client, corporate email

I was just wondering if this should be normal.. if it is, then I am worried..
    I have corporate email setup on the stock client and its not too bad, but the one thing that is driving me crazy is that I keep getting duplicate notifications of emails. I can check it on my phone, or from my desktop, it will be read, and then who knows.. 5 mins later, I am getting a notification of a new email, even shows the icon up top and everything, but when I go to the email app, it just shows the last read email. Now I have Galaxy Gear as well, so not only am I getting the notification on my phone (vibrate), but am also getting the same duplicate email on the gear.. I know the phone is sending that notification to the gear, but really? Could there possibly be some sort of setting? If I have my phone on the junk folder, and then close it, then I get duplicate notifications of junk email as well.. I am really confused.. All of our other S4 users have no issues like this.. I am the only one in the company that has the Note 3. I have tried restarting, un-syncing with server, checked all settings.. and cannot get it to stop..

Please help!

Default Re: Samsung email client, corporate email

Quote Originally Posted by socojosh View Post
    I was just wondering if this should be normal.. if it is, then I am worried..
    I have corporate email setup on the stock client and its not too bad, but the one thing that is driving me crazy is that I keep getting duplicate notifications of emails. I can check it on my phone, or from my desktop, it will be read, and then who knows.. 5 mins later, I am getting a notification of a new email, even shows the icon up top and everything, but when I go to the email app, it just shows the last read email. Now I have Galaxy Gear as well, so not only am I getting the notification on my phone (vibrate), but am also getting the same duplicate email on the gear.. I know the phone is sending that notification to the gear, but really? Could there possibly be some sort of setting? If I have my phone on the junk folder, and then close it, then I get duplicate notifications of junk email as well.. I am really confused.. All of our other S4 users have no issues like this.. I am the only one in the company that has the Note 3. I have tried restarting, un-syncing with server, checked all settings.. and cannot get it to stop..

Please help!
    When I had this issue it was because I had went into the junk email folder. After that I kept getting notifications of "new" emails but when I'd check my inbox there was nothing.

Finally found out that it was notifying me of the new junk emails ...which obviously I don't want!

The only way I got rid of the notifications was to delete the account and re - add it. Bit of a hassle considering I have 12,000 emails in my inbox alone ...but since then I haven't had the problem, I'm only now notified when I have an email in my inbox.

Good luck ...I hope you get your issue resolved!

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App