Note 3: Testing my theory on random reboots

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a case that was to tight once and it put to much pressure on the screen...it made the phone wig out...no case or different case no problem. Let us know how it works it for you.

Just updating you. I left the case off my phone for approximately 3 weeks and had no random reboots.

Then I put a different case on it than what I was using originally, no random reboots.

A third case has now been on the phone for approximately a week and no random reboots.

For me this means that perhaps this poster is correct and that the Spigen case I had on it when it was doing random reboots was too tight. The other two cases I've tried are not as tight as the Spigen case.

Thanks for the mention of the possible too tight case. Looks like you pegged it!

Deb from my Note 3

Earl Philomath

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad this seemed to fix your issue. However I would like to point out that I also have been having random reboots (as far as I can tell since the new kitkat update) and I do not have any form of case on my phone. So it is possible there is more than one cause to this issue or the demon that was in your phone has moved to mine.

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I had a carbon fiber look self-adhesive skin on my IPAD3 and it started overheating when it was using the 4G service. Apples take on it was that it covered the apple logo on the back of the IPAD which actually acts as a heat sink. Took the skin off and haven't had a problem since. So conceptually some cases may not allow these instruments to "breathe" no matter who manufactures them.

Al

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois