4G Not staying connected....

twick75

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had their Note 3 refuse to stay connected to 4G? I am not on the fringe of a 3G/4G line, yet in the past few days I've noticed my phone is always in 3G, while my wife can be sitting right next to me in 4G. I haven't had a problem until just recently.
Any ideas to help get me back in the fast last? :-\

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to restart the phone?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

twick75

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have tried a couple shutdowns and even battery pulls. It may stay in 4G for a short time, then capooey, right back to 3G. It doesn't appear it is trying to jump back and forth either.
Thank you for the suggestion.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
My note 3 goes to 3G at least once every other day. Never happened with my note 2. Fix it by toggling airplane mode.

Sent from my IPad Air via Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings > more networks > mobile networks: select LTE/CDMA instead of global and see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Very cool! Glad it was that simple.
I have had to do the same with a couple of phones in the past.
I would have mentioned it but just stumbled on your post.

Thanks for the help. I went to the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card and the 4G is working again.
Thanks again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad it was a simple fix

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
my phone has just recently been dropping to 3G in certain areas that I always got 4G...when I'm in the gym, if I take 3 steps over it will go back into 4G, then another few steps, drops to 3G, also noticed when driving in my town, I'd be in 3G at times, just started doing this last week, I've had the phone since February, no issues before then

Verizon said I should try to pull the SIM card and put it back in, what do you guys think? Will that screw anything up?

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone N3 doing that for a while. The first time I took it to a VZW store they replaced the sim card. It seemed to work for a bit. Then when it started doing it again, they suggested I factory reset my phone... Okay fast forward to yesterday, I walk into a corporate store in a DENSE 4G area with no data connection. I told the about the fixes you all have mentioned here, they contacted Samsung who said that it was the antenna so they're sending me a new phone, should arrive on Monday.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
my phone has just recently been dropping to 3G in certain areas that I always got 4G...when I'm in the gym, if I take 3 steps over it will go back into 4G, then another few steps, drops to 3G, also noticed when driving in my town, I'd be in 3G at times, just started doing this last week, I've had the phone since February, no issues before then

Verizon said I should try to pull the SIM card and put it back in, what do you guys think? Will that screw anything up?

It won't hurt to try. It has fixed my connection problem before, though my problem is sometimes 4GLTE slows down, and pulling the sim fixes it temporarily.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

twick75

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I too have been experiencing the 3G/4G back and forth. It hasn't been a big enough issue, as of yet, that I ventured into the ole Verizon store. I may try the sim card pull if it persists and escalates to the annoying phase. Till then steady as she goes.

Think I'll push the download button on the upgrade........wish me well. UGH!

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll pull it and see if anything happens, if not, may walk into the store and just see what they say

just had another incident today, I was sitting in a restaurant, look at my phone, shows 3G, I get up, walk about 15 steps, get 4G, go back to seat, 3G

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's gotten worse as when I came home today I noticed my phone was in 3G. I've never had any problems anywhere close to my house. I went ahead and pulled the SIM and reinsert it, we'll see if that helps, heading to the gym soon (where I've been getting dropped a lot), if problems persist, I guess my next move is to go into a Verizon store??

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Going to go into the a verizon store to get a new SIM to see if that helps. Nothing should change with a new sim, right? (like my unlimited data, etc)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Going to go into the a verizon store to get a new SIM to see if that helps. Nothing should change with a new sim, right? (like my unlimited data, etc)

Correct nothing would change with the new sim.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3