Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G Not staying connected....

Has anyone had their Note 3 refuse to stay connected to 4G? I am not on the fringe of a 3G/4G line, yet in the past few days I've noticed my phone is always in 3G, while my wife can be sitting right next to me in 4G. I haven't had a problem until just recently.
    Any ideas to help get me back in the fast last?

Default Re: 4G Not staying connected....

Have you tried to restart the phone?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I have tried a couple shutdowns and even battery pulls. It may stay in 4G for a short time, then capooey, right back to 3G. It doesn't appear it is trying to jump back and forth either.
    Thank you for the suggestion.

My note 3 goes to 3G at least once every other day. Never happened with my note 2. Fix it by toggling airplane mode.

Sent from my IPad Air via Tapatalk

Go to settings > more networks > mobile networks: select LTE/CDMA instead of global and see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the help. I went to the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card and the 4G is working again.
    Thanks again.
    Thanked by:

Very cool! Glad it was that simple.
    I have had to do the same with a couple of phones in the past.
    I would have mentioned it but just stumbled on your post.

Quote Originally Posted by twick75 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I went to the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card and the 4G is working again.
    Thanks again.

Glad it was a simple fix

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Mine has been doing that off and on this week as well. I assumed it was network issues.

This is on a newer SIM too.

my phone has just recently been dropping to 3G in certain areas that I always got 4G...when I'm in the gym, if I take 3 steps over it will go back into 4G, then another few steps, drops to 3G, also noticed when driving in my town, I'd be in 3G at times, just started doing this last week, I've had the phone since February, no issues before then

Verizon said I should try to pull the SIM card and put it back in, what do you guys think? Will that screw anything up?

ROM
    Stock

I've had my phone N3 doing that for a while. The first time I took it to a VZW store they replaced the sim card. It seemed to work for a bit. Then when it started doing it again, they suggested I factory reset my phone... Okay fast forward to yesterday, I walk into a corporate store in a DENSE 4G area with no data connection. I told the about the fixes you all have mentioned here, they contacted Samsung who said that it was the antenna so they're sending me a new phone, should arrive on Monday.

Finally gave up and called in this morning. Is Verizon sending new replacements or refurbs right now? What did you get, bassjo?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBuckeye View Post
    my phone has just recently been dropping to 3G in certain areas that I always got 4G...when I'm in the gym, if I take 3 steps over it will go back into 4G, then another few steps, drops to 3G, also noticed when driving in my town, I'd be in 3G at times, just started doing this last week, I've had the phone since February, no issues before then

Verizon said I should try to pull the SIM card and put it back in, what do you guys think? Will that screw anything up?
    It won't hurt to try. It has fixed my connection problem before, though my problem is sometimes 4GLTE slows down, and pulling the sim fixes it temporarily.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I too have been experiencing the 3G/4G back and forth. It hasn't been a big enough issue, as of yet, that I ventured into the ole Verizon store. I may try the sim card pull if it persists and escalates to the annoying phase. Till then steady as she goes.

Think I'll push the download button on the upgrade........wish me well. UGH!

I'll pull it and see if anything happens, if not, may walk into the store and just see what they say

just had another incident today, I was sitting in a restaurant, look at my phone, shows 3G, I get up, walk about 15 steps, get 4G, go back to seat, 3G

It's gotten worse as when I came home today I noticed my phone was in 3G. I've never had any problems anywhere close to my house. I went ahead and pulled the SIM and reinsert it, we'll see if that helps, heading to the gym soon (where I've been getting dropped a lot), if problems persist, I guess my next move is to go into a Verizon store??

Going to go into the a verizon store to get a new SIM to see if that helps. Nothing should change with a new sim, right? (like my unlimited data, etc)

Going to go into the a verizon store to get a new SIM to see if that helps. Nothing should change with a new sim, right? (like my unlimited data, etc)
    Correct nothing would change with the new sim.

So new Sim card doesn't seem to helping matters, any one have any other ideas what I could do next?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

So new Sim card doesn't seem to helping matters, any one have any other ideas what I could do next?

Mine has been way worse with 1X or no signal. Put in a service call to Samsung to repair the antenna issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by TimThompson05 View Post
    Mine has been way worse with 1X or no signal. Put in a service call to Samsung to repair the antenna issue.

You can also contact Verizon for troubleshooting and a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can also contact Verizon for troubleshooting and a replacement.

I bought it at Best Buy without a contract with no insurance. So I have to rely on the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by TimThompson05 View Post
    I bought it at Best Buy without a contract with no insurance. So I have to rely on the warranty.

Verizon would probably still honor warranty service, provided that it is currently active on the Verizon network.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Verizon would probably still honor warranty service, provided that it is currently active on the Verizon network.

I already tried. They said the way BB activated it doesn't give it a warranty with Verizon. So I'm mailing it to A
    Samsung tomorrow when UPS opens.

Looks like Verizon is gonna send me a replacement.. Dunno if I want to do that, or if I just want to move to a new phone.. May go to HTC m8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast