Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By scribe4food
  • 2 Post By bertsirkin
  • 1 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Case?

I'm getting a Note 3 next week and was wondering what cases ya'll recommend? I was looking at the spigen slim armor. But want other choices too from people that have used them

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Best Case?

I'm currently using the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Satin Silver) for my Note3. I also have the Samsung S-View case in black. I'm not that rough with my devices so I only need minnium protection.
    Thanked by:

I'm currently using the Platinum case for my Note 3. I've used Platinum cases for all my phones. They have a snug fit to the phone that I prefer and it doesn't add too much bulk either.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I had a uag case on mine. Nice case

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

Now that otterbox is making the defender a lot slimmer. .its my goto case have all ways had one from BlackBerry to iPhone and for every Samsung phone I've had

Otterbox Commuter

Thanked by 2:
    Evilguppy likes this.

My favorite case (and I've tried more than a few) is the Caseology (Amazon.com: Caseology Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [Vintage Hybrid Series] - Premium Distressed Leather Shock Absorbent TPU Bumper Case (Brown) [Made in Korea] (for Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories. I actually remove the Samsung back and just use this - it looks a lot more like real leather and is nice and light. Another thing I like about it is that it exposes the real buttons on the sides. There's nothing I hate more than a case that has their own buttons that just push the real ones underneath - they always seem to have function issues.

Another thing to consider with a case, is that most docking chargers won't work with almost any case attached.

bert
    Spencerdl and coldRooster like this.

I've used the Spigen Bounce since day 10 (took that long to make a decision and get it shipped). I like it because it adds very little bulk and has got nicely sculpted sides (they have 45 angles on the edges). It's there to protect from scratches and little knocks. It's not for catastrophic smashes.

It's relatively inexpensive and feels great in the hand. The back has a nice, grippy finish. I like it a lot.

Friend swears by the Otterbox which is way too much bulk for my liking. Her Note 3 in the Otterbox looks like it's military issue or something like that. I have a Spigen. Would not be a big protection factor if I drop my phone but keeps the phone clean and scratch free.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I have the Trident Kraken ams. Definitely provides good protection and I can use wireless charging back and tempered glass screen protector.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'd like something that would protect it from drops but isn't terribly bulky. Should have put that originally. My bad.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have the UAG case but honestly I am looking for a slim TPU case, I just find any of the cases add too much bulk to the Note 3. Without a case the Note 3 is a slim and easy to use phone, add a case it gets bulky and requires to hands. Love the phone, but hate the size (sometimes).
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

I have the spigen bounce and it doesn't add much thickness to the Note at all. It also looks pretty nice, and it's only $10!

Sent from my Death Note

I have quite a few, including the Spigen Slim Armor and the S View case. But my favorite has become Caseology. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caseology-Ga...item3a8a90296c. Cheap and very very nicely made. I like it so much better than the Spigen.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I have the UAG case but honestly I am looking for a slim TPU case, I just find any of the cases add too much bulk to the Note 3. Without a case the Note 3 is a slim and easy to use phone, add a case it gets bulky and requires to hands. Love the phone, but hate the size (sometimes).
    Try the Caseology TPU Armor case. Really slim, nice quality, flirts great even with tempered glass screen protector and adds nice protection. I have the white carbon and the black carbon. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caseology-Ga...item3a8a90296c

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I like my Incipio Dualpro!
    It's compact, has a nice soft non - slip feel. Looks great! Good price!
    Fits well with glass screen protector.(It's not going to protect like an Otterbox though.)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"

This.....PureGear - DualTek Extreme Shock Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 I have it and love it. I have tried several cases and this one won out!

Quote Originally Posted by coldRooster View Post
    I'm getting a Note 3 next week and was wondering what cases ya'll recommend? I was looking at the spigen slim armor. But want other choices too from people that have used them

I got a new in box defender case I'll sell you cheap

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've seen so many people swear by the Spigen Neo Hybrid. I feel it's too big but that's because even a centimeter of bulk drives me nuts. Lol, but all things considered I have been considering trying it again.

I have to say the otterbox defender for my note3. Im not hard on my phone but my job could be lol.

The difference between the note2 and note3 cases are night and day.. the note3 is so much slimmer its much easier to carry than the 2 was.

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    My favorite case (and I've tried more than a few) is the Caseology (Amazon.com: Caseology Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [Vintage Hybrid Series] - Premium Distressed Leather Shock Absorbent TPU Bumper Case (Brown) [Made in Korea] (for Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories. I actually remove the Samsung back and just use this - it looks a lot more like real leather and is nice and light. Another thing I like about it is that it exposes the real buttons on the sides. There's nothing I hate more than a case that has their own buttons that just push the real ones underneath - they always seem to have function issues.

Another thing to consider with a case, is that most docking chargers won't work with almost any case attached.

bert
    I really like the Black leather and the Black Carbon Fiber ones. Is the look and feel of the leather one close to the look and feel of REAL leather?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Thor v14.2

I have a cheap bumper case from amazon: Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    And a nillkin 9h tempered glass screen protector: Amazon.com: Nilkin Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Front Screen Protectors for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000/N9002/N9005 - Retail Packaging - Screen Protectors - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have an official wireless charging battery cover that adds just a tiny bit of bulk to the back of the phone. Enough so that most cases don't fit. As long as the edges and the screen are protected, I'm happy. I still have the original battery cover should I decide to sell the phone, and the wireless one gets too scratched.

I love the seidio case its the one called dilex and has the kick stand. SEIDIO | DILEX Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Went with an Otterbox commuter case. Thanks all for your replies. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I really like the Black leather and the Black Carbon Fiber ones. Is the look and feel of the leather one close to the look and feel of REAL leather?
    Sorry for the late response - I wasn't getting email notifications on this thread.

Yes, it feels like real leather.
    Here's a close-up of what it looks like:
    Best Case?-note3case.jpg

bert