Silencing Apps that turn notification volume back up to previous level.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I looked around for a thread on this subject and if I missed it please feel free to point me in the right direction. I love my Note 3 but the one thing driving me nuts is finding a silencing app that will return my notification volume to what it was before it silences. All the apps I have tried either do not turn it back up or turns it all the way. It sometimes will not turn my ringer back up either. I read somewhere this is a issues with 4.1? I mean really android I don't want my notification volume always the same level as my ringtone thats just stupid. Is there an app I am missing that might work? I have tried Silent Time which will not turn it back up at all and Locale which ties it to the ringer volume but even that messes up sometimes. I believe they are the ones who said android does not allow ringtone and notification sounds to be separated anymore. Why mess with such a basic need?? Grr sorry just frustrated. Thanks for any help! :(

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at Profile Scheduler. There is a free version to use which may resolve your issues and a paid version with additional features. I use it to create several profiles depending on my situation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I used sound profile by corcanoe in play store, and set up individual widgets for any profile I wanted. I recorded a silent ringtone to keep ringer off and just get notificatons for at work as it is hard to seperate the volumes on ringer and botification...if you set on e to vibrate or silence it silences the other as well. You can use their icons or creat your own...this works flawlessly so far ...I chose home and I get all full volumes...I chose work I get vibrate only for eveything except text messages ... i highly suggest this app..here is how I have it set up for ease of use...

As you can see my notification it tells me I have it set to home...you can choose not to display this and have it only show in notification tray as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton