Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By onevw
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no display

problem number 6

When i get a call and answer it the display will go blank. I can not get the display to come back on if I need to enter a number to get the calling phone system to respond.
    Do I have something set wrong on the phone.
    Rick

Default Re: no display

Make sure that your hand is not covering the phone. The phone relies on a sensor to see if it is near your head so it can turn off the screen so you don't accidentally push any buttons.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No I am not covering any part of the screen.

Thanks for the repaly
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Make sure that your hand is not covering the phone. The phone relies on a sensor to see if it is near your head so it can turn off the screen so you don't accidentally push any buttons.
    And yes you are correct the proximity sensor was covered. But i could not see the cover because is was covered by the clear plastic screen cover placed on the phone by the Samsung for shipping. a-parentally the sensor could not see through the clear plastic and though it was covered. WOW Do not forget about the proximity setting in the phone settings menu make sure the sensor is (on).

RICK
    neonworm likes this.

I have just the opposite problem, the screen will be on then turns off especially if I am using the speaker which is most of the time. Then it won't turn back on so I can't response if I get another call or want to end the call and do something else. I have to restart it by pushing the button