Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By damule6666
  • 1 Post By BBSeattle
  • 2 Post By damule6666
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Do the latest Note 3's from Verizon still have that wobbly home button?

Just wondering if the wobbly home button problem has been fixed on the latest Note 3's from Verizon?

Default Re: Do the latest Note 3's from Verizon still have that wobbly home button?

My phone is fairly new and yes the button seems a little loose...that is why I use a slide up home button replacement...note I hardly ever have to push that button. It is called "swipe home"
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Do the latest Note 3's from Verizon still have that wobbly home button?

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Just wondering if the wobbly home button problem has been fixed on the latest Note 3's from Verizon?
    I got my Note 3 in mid January and it doesn't have a wobbly home button.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"

I got mine when it released and it didn't have a wobbly button. Still doesn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

No wobbles here.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Thor v14.2

My home button wobbles a little. Got it back near the end of February. Never realized that it was considered a problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    My phone is fairly new and yes the button seems a little loose...that is why I use a slide up home button replacement...note I hardly ever have to push that button. It is called "swipe home"
    Nice! Seems like there truly is an app for everything! Thanks for sharing this one!

No wobble on my Verizon Note3 home button either. I guess I got a GOOD one...SMILE

Maybe we a just not used to a button at all and that's why it seems a lil loose... It doesn't wigg;e around a lot it just feels as if it could nreak easily ....even tho I know many people have used these phones for a long time and not had an issue. I didn't like the physical buttons on any of my phones and replaced them with a new phone as soon as I could...luckily for me there aare options with this phone becaus ethat button is the only thing I didn't really care for besides all the bloatware. I also istalled Gravity Screen so I dont have to use the power button...it works great and uses gravity and proximity sensor to turn screen on and off.
    I do have the glass screen protector and the gel button they attached to home button does make it seem more sturdy also.

Wanted to add that swipe up can give you alittle trouble while tap typing if you use the swipe up from bottom middle, choice...but I swipe so not a lot of issues at all...or just chose a different swipe area.

I got mine on launch day and the home button isn't wobbly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

No wobble, purchased September

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Been wobbly since day one (nov) still no issues. Wife's wobbles as well. Bought in mid March..

Posted via Android Central App
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
    BBSeattle likes this.

I had a sticky power button that I returned but the home button works well.

Sent by a drunk from a library

Mine's a touch crooked. But not loose.

So, you wouldn't want to invest your money with it, but you wouldn't mind your 16 year old son going out with it.

Bought 2 in September and bought 1 at the beginning of the year - none have wobbly/loose home buttons. (Verizon).

Mine is fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Is the wobble/looseness being felt or noticed measurable in fractions of a millimeter? I don't have the problem, so trying to better visualize what this is all about.

Bought the phone or wife in mid March?? (Joke)

Quote Originally Posted by damule6666 View Post
    Been wobbly since day one (nov) still no issues. Wife's wobbles as well. Bought in mid March..

damule6666 likes this.

Still no wobble

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Got mine in October on tmo no wobbly buttons here

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Is the wobble/looseness being felt or noticed measurable in fractions of a millimeter? I don't have the problem, so trying to better visualize what this is all about.
    I think we feel it wobbles a little because we(at least me) are coming from phones that had no physical buttons just touch screen selections...or phones that had covered buttons. Therefore, the button just feels like it has some give..well it has to or it couldn't be pushed...I just don't care for physical buttons because it's another moving part that can let dust etc around it into phone..our just break from use...if you have used Samsung phones all along you may not notice it as much..or maybe it is just that some of the phones have a home button with more room for play, wiggle, wobble or whatever...I do like everything about the phone except for that button do I use something else as mentioned above. I can not speak for others but this is what I mean by loose or wobbly button.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    I got my note 3 in January and it's fine. No wobbly home button but my daughters S4 has a very wobbly home button!

sent from my Note 3

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Wobbly is a relative term and pretty difficult to define. My home button doesn't see to have any extra play, but I'm used to physical buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Bought the phone or wife in mid March?? (Joke)
    Phone. Both are wobbly tho.. Lol

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
    BBSeattle and sarkycow like this.