Here's how to install Samsung Apps on the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Gear 2 yesterday and I'm loving it so far, the only problem I have had was installing apps through the Samsung Apps link in Gear Manager. It was wrecking my brains all day, but I figured it out.... I reinstalled Samsung Apps through this link Samsung Apps (Pick the one for phones. Don't do the tablet one!) After that, no problems other than the barren appstore.

I hope this helps someone, if not at least I can stop stressing. Be blessed.

Edit: A couple of days ago, I couldn't download apps again and also had no review section for the apps on the Samsung store (weird)... I just installed again and I was back in business (download from the second link that says reinstall didn't work though. use the first one.0

Last edited:

sashapave

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for this! I couldn't get any apps to install on my Gear 2 Neo. Tried everything, resetting all devices multiple times. This was the only thing that works.

Finally got my Appy Geek working :)

CBracer1968

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
is there any way to do this on a mac? also I tried installing APK but don't know how to check if I did it right? or use terminal…. can anyone walk me thru this step by step? help!!!! I have a Gear 2 and Samsung S5 and iMac

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
is there any way to do this on a mac? also I tried installing APK but don't know how to check if I did it right? or use terminal…. can anyone walk me thru this step by step? help!!!! I have a Gear 2 and Samsung S5 and iMac
You have to do it on your s5. Download through the phone browser. Click the download in your notifications after it's done. It will tell you that you need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click settings. Check unknown sources (after this I chose the option to allow it this one time.). Install.

I have a Verizon Note 3

Kortrif

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I wish it would have helped me. now it seems like the install is getting farther. but its still not showing up on the watch. I got the one with the camera. not sure if that has anything to do with it...

oryanflyer

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!! I have been on the phone with Samsung and Verizon neither knew what to do... new phone did not work,,, new gear 2 did not work...doing this worked like a charm.... what I have noticed is that the screen that tells you all that the app is going to access and you have to accept is not popping up on the screen without downloading from this site.. Thanks again for helping it really works now... Hopefully Samsung will get their head out of the rear and fix this as I spent 2 weeks trying to get help....

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
You have to do it on your s5. Download through the phone browser. Click the download in your notifications after it's done. It will tell you that you need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click settings. Check unknown sources (after this I chose the option to allow it this one time.). Install.

I have a Verizon Note 3

Hi, i ordered the Gear 2 Neo, also have a Note and just saw on the forums that there are connectivity issues between fear & Note 3,
is that true or work o.k?

Jason Maidman

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the Gear 2 yesterday and I'm loving it so far, the only problem I have had was installing apps through the Samsung Apps link in Gear Manager. It was wrecking my brains all day, but I figured it out.... I reinstalled Samsung Apps through this link Samsung Apps (Pick the one for phones. Don't do the tablet one!) After that, no problems other than the barren appstore.

I hope this helps someone, if not at least it helped me. Be blessed.

I just got my Gear 2 today and you just saved my life. I couldn't thank you enough!!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This works, but not on the Opera browser.

I just picked up the Gear 2 Neo and it connected to my phone, but whatever app it tried to download, it wouldn't finish. The app in the Samsung store wouldn't work. Finally I searched and found this. Then the Gear Manager worked.

I wish there were more watch faces, especially more feminine ones. Analog looks more professional. Analog with step counter would be so nice.

mrmikeyoung

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3 rooted with no Samsung or Verizon bloatware. This was the only method that worked to install the proper version of the Samsung app store.

I wish I found this a week ago, I almost gave up looking for a solution.
Thank You.