Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By sashapave
  • 2 Post By invincible1914
  • 1 Post By oryanflyer
  • 1 Post By Jason Maidman
  • 1 Post By Kevin Keast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Here's how to install Samsung Apps on the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo

I picked up the Gear 2 yesterday and I'm loving it so far, the only problem I have had was installing apps through the Samsung Apps link in Gear Manager. It was wrecking my brains all day, but I figured it out.... I reinstalled Samsung Apps through this link Samsung Apps (Pick the one for phones. Don't do the tablet one!) After that, no problems other than the barren appstore.

I hope this helps someone, if not at least I can stop stressing. Be blessed.

Edit: A couple of days ago, I couldn't download apps again and also had no review section for the apps on the Samsung store (weird)... I just installed again and I was back in business (download from the second link that says reinstall didn't work though. use the first one.0
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: Here's how to install Samsung Apps on the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo

Thanks so much for this! I couldn't get any apps to install on my Gear 2 Neo. Tried everything, resetting all devices multiple times. This was the only thing that works.

Finally got my Appy Geek working
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Sasha, I'm glad to be useful. When I figured it out (pure luck) I felt like I had uncracked the DaVinci code or something.

What phones are you using? I have the S3 and can not get the Samsung Apps to work at all.

is there any way to do this on a mac? also I tried installing APK but don't know how to check if I did it right? or use terminal…. can anyone walk me thru this step by step? help!!!! I have a Gear 2 and Samsung S5 and iMac

Is there more apps somewhere I am not seeing? I see like 8 apps total.?

Viro
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Virodeath View Post
    Is there more apps somewhere I am not seeing? I see like 8 apps total.?

Viro
    They added more today... I hope it gets better. On the brightside , we are not running down the battery playing with apps . But I still like my watch though
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by CBracer1968 View Post
    is there any way to do this on a mac? also I tried installing APK but don't know how to check if I did it right? or use terminal…. can anyone walk me thru this step by step? help!!!! I have a Gear 2 and Samsung S5 and iMac
    You have to do it on your s5. Download through the phone browser. Click the download in your notifications after it's done. It will tell you that you need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click settings. Check unknown sources (after this I chose the option to allow it this one time.). Install.

I have a Verizon Note 3

I wish it would have helped me. now it seems like the install is getting farther. but its still not showing up on the watch. I got the one with the camera. not sure if that has anything to do with it...

THANK YOU!!!! I have been on the phone with Samsung and Verizon neither knew what to do... new phone did not work,,, new gear 2 did not work...doing this worked like a charm.... what I have noticed is that the screen that tells you all that the app is going to access and you have to accept is not popping up on the screen without downloading from this site.. Thanks again for helping it really works now... Hopefully Samsung will get their head out of the rear and fix this as I spent 2 weeks trying to get help....
    Thanked by:
    invincible1914 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by invincible1914 View Post
    You have to do it on your s5. Download through the phone browser. Click the download in your notifications after it's done. It will tell you that you need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click settings. Check unknown sources (after this I chose the option to allow it this one time.). Install.

I have a Verizon Note 3

Hi, i ordered the Gear 2 Neo, also have a Note and just saw on the forums that there are connectivity issues between fear & Note 3,
    is that true or work o.k?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Kishony View Post
    Hi, i ordered the Gear 2 Neo, also have a Note and just saw on the forums that there are connectivity issues between fear & Note 3,
    is that true or work o.k?
    No problem at fall... Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by invincible1914 View Post
    I picked up the Gear 2 yesterday and I'm loving it so far, the only problem I have had was installing apps through the Samsung Apps link in Gear Manager. It was wrecking my brains all day, but I figured it out.... I reinstalled Samsung Apps through this link Samsung Apps (Pick the one for phones. Don't do the tablet one!) After that, no problems other than the barren appstore.

I hope this helps someone, if not at least it helped me. Be blessed.
    I just got my Gear 2 today and you just saved my life. I couldn't thank you enough!!

Thanks, fixed the issue for me.

What a stupid problem out of the box though.

Can i also install whats app on the Samsung gear 2