Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Going out of country, need advice about connecting Note 3.

Hello,

I have Note 3. It is rooted, unlocked and has RegionLock Away installed. I am going to Israel and Italy and was wondering if it is possible to replace the sim card and use the phone in those countries.

Default Re: Going out of country, need advice about connecting Note 3.

I don't have a rooted phone, but my Note 3 is unlocked. I've used it in both Israel and Italy. There are 2 ways to use it with a local SIM.

One is to replace the SIM with a local SIM card that has both voice and data service. The other is to get ONLY data. I've done this in Italy using the 3G Store's SIM card. I purchased 2GB data coverage and used it thoughout northern Italy. All you have to do is use Skype, or another such app, to make phone calls. The 2GB plan I purchased cost 8 Euro. I had all the data I needed for 2 weeks, plus made phone calls to anywhere with Skype.

In Israel, I purchased a voice and data plan, but can't remember who I purchased it from, but it was very inexpensive in Israel.

bert

Default Re: Going out of country, need advice about connecting Note 3.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked and quad band gsm so it should work anywhere gsm is available.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3