fast battery drain

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
After about 3 weeks with my note 3 the battery drain seems to be very fast. Other than screen brightness and keeping apps closed is there anything else I can do? Can the battery be replaced under warranty?

Posted via Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Look at your battery info in the settings and see whats using the battery.. usually the screen is the most, but it varies more by if you are on the screen or use phone calls more.. see if there is something draining the battery..

I set up a motox for my friend and the next day she was complaining about the battery dropping more than her iphone did.. when I checked the battery stats I saw an app I had put on there had used over 20% of the battery, but had not been used or left open all day.. so I uninstalled it.. the next day her phone was at 74% percent after 12 hours at work instead of 40% when that app wad sucking juice.

Every now and then you get an app go "rogue". Thats the first time I had seen it.

Hope this helps

4m0wagen

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have checked that and it's only: screen, cell stand by, idle, cloud...all android or os functions. No apps

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
You may need to do a reset, which sucks because you have to re set up ypur phone, but that seems to fix a lot of stuff.. ive never had to do it but then I feel lucky that of all the problems I read about the only issues ive ever had were self induced lol.

Hopefully youll fix it with a reset, if that works or not let us know, I dont think the battery is old enough to need replaced but it is an option

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are some other threads on this. Lots of causes,lots of ideas. Not chiding you...just saying there's a bunch of stuff. I solved a problem or two a couple months ago...

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issue with my battery, as well.
Battery health = good
most common culprits in the 'battery stats' area are the usual: screen, android OS, google services, and any user-installed apps are below 5%.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an app called weather live free that drains the battery faster than a short circuit but I just like the app. If I'm going to be away from a charger for a long time I have to freeze the app. I wish they would fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue with my battery, as well.
Battery health = good
most common culprits in the 'battery stats' area are the usual: screen, android OS, google services, and any user-installed apps are below 5%.

I've downloaded an app called battery doctor. It's really helped!! I was amazed at the apps that were running in the background sucking battery life even though I thought I had everything closed! I'm on my 2nd full day with this app and it's predicting 21 hours of battery life!

sent from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO