Pen Input app / Swiftkey Keyboard

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Today, I needed to create a list of items. I have Google Keep, and can use that. But, I felt lazy and wanted to use the pen (for the first time). I ended up using S-Note. It saved my note in my handwriting. But, I seem to recall that there was an app that did OCR on handwritten notes to create text. But, I couldn't find it. What's a good app to do that?

Also, I Googled pen input and found that I had to enable pen input on the Samsung Keyboard. But, I'm using the Swiftkey keyboard - does anyone know if Pen input can be used with the Swiftkey keyboard?

thanks,
bert

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you want to use your pen to handwrite what you want to Say and have that turned into text automatically ? If So, just pullout your Spehand hover over the text field. A prompt Should appear that'll Let you hand write words and turn them into text.
I works fairly well for me, even though I find myself Stopping mid word and it will go ahead and post those Letters before I finish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
In snote, once you have hand written text, select the cloud icon and draw a circle (or any other closed shape) around your text. Then select transform into from the menu that appears. Select text. Voila!

That said, I prefer action memo for quick little lists.. Very easy to use and still searchable.. Hold down the menu button and sfinder will appear... It will search the handwritten text in your snote and action memo apps too without needing to convert them to text first.

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
By the way sometimes when I use sfinder one, I find I have to reboot to get it to work well again (not sure why).. But it's pretty cool to see your action memos in the search results with your search words highlighted in the memos

Posted via Android Central App

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
YES, pen input does work with Swiftkey. At least with the "Swiftkey Beta" I just downloaded from the web today. Google search will bring it up. If you hover the pen over the text input box an icon will appear. Tap it with the pen and a handwriting box will open. Very cool. Learned about this input method from a friend who uses it on the search bar of web pages so I thought I'd see if it worked with Swiftkey. Such a cool phone.

Today, I needed to create a list of items. I have Google Keep, and can use that. But, I felt lazy and wanted to use the pen (for the first time). I ended up using S-Note. It saved my note in my handwriting. But, I seem to recall that there was an app that did OCR on handwritten notes to create text. But, I couldn't find it. What's a good app to do that?

Also, I Googled pen input and found that I had to enable pen input on the Samsung Keyboard. But, I'm using the Swiftkey keyboard - does anyone know if Pen input can be used with the Swiftkey keyboard?

thanks,
bert