An open letter to Verizon about Kit Kat.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
To be honest .. my note 3 works perfect .. my note pro 12.2 on kit kat .. needs an update more

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon Note 3 on Jelly Bean and Verizon Note Pro on Kit Kat. Both work flawlessly. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say anything about the phone not working properly. And if you're happy with yours cool. However, the problem lies in the lies we as customers are being fed. Every other carrier has KitKat, why don't we on Verizon? "Because we don't have it" is a lie. I would like to have KitKat on my phone, and it's not right that the only reason we don't have it is because they want to push the S5.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ok, but considering all the KitKat upgrade related problems I keep reading about, it's possible that Verizon had decided to test and retest the daylights out of that puppy before releasing it. I'm not saying that's what's going n, but that's a possibility. One thing I do know is that often, when people aren't happy with their phone, they can be easily talked into switching carriers. So making sure the upgrade works before releasing it would make perfect sense for Verizon. Otherwise, if you absolutely want kitkat now, you could switch over to T-Mobile:
they pay for your early termination fee do you can get out of your contract.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I lost count of the number of threads and comments related to the "When will we get KitKat upgrade."

I understand that there are people that are frustrated and that they're tired of what they consider to be lies. I'm not sticking up for Verizon and I'm not saying you don't deserve what you want.

The bottom line is it will get here when it gets here and theres absolutely nothing anyone can do about it no matter how many letters you write no matter how many comments you make no matter what you do they're not going to release it until their darn good and ready. Good things come to those that wait and when you least expect it.

The bottom line for me is I'm sick of hearing about it. All the whining and complaining in the world isn't going to make it happen any sooner.

Deb from my Note 3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Reminder: If there is a post or thread that you do not agree with, simply ignore it. There is no need to reply.

Thread cleaned up.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say anything about the phone not working properly. And if you're happy with yours cool. However, the problem lies in the lies we as customers are being fed. Every other carrier has KitKat, why don't we on Verizon? "Because we don't have it" is a lie. I would like to have KitKat on my phone, and it's not right that the only reason we don't have it is because they want to push the S5.

So, exactly what benefits do you think you'll be getting from KitKat? Or was the purpose of your letter to tell Verizon that you were jealous of Note 3s on other carriers?

I have KitKat on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (original Tab) and find nothing compelling in it over 4.3.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After you get kitkat you won't be able to use the sdcard the same way. If I had a Note 3, I'd rather not get kitkat.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
What is the compelling reason to get KitKat on the Note 3? My Note 3 seems to be working just fine. What's on KitKat that's really a must have?

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind. Was just trying to help but apparently that was lost to you all. And thanks whoever deleted one of my replies. I guess I'll delete this then.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind. Was just trying to help but apparently that was lost to you all. And thanks whoever deleted one of my replies. I guess I'll delete this then.

I understand that you're trying to help. It's quite obvious that you put a lot of work and time into your blog post. It's also obvious that there are numerous people who really want this upgrade.

On the other hand it also sounds like any other upgrade, it's going to mess some things up while attempting to fix other issues. For some people it will be a good thing for others it will not.

I'm hoping that the time that verizon is taking to release it, that they're working on getting the bugs out that people have been complaining about. As it stands right now, I have a few issues with my phone although overall it's a great phone. Unfortunately for me, my biggest problem goes back all the way to my S3 and still is not fixed on my Note 3 which is several phones later because I had some replacement phones in the mix with the same problem. I don't foresee KitKat fixing this issue. Samsung keeps ignoring the problem. So if it's going to mess up my phone elsewhere I prefer to not have it. I like the way my SD card works right now and it seems there is a possibility the upgrade will mess that up for me.

To anyone who was offended by my previous post in this thread you have my sincere apologies.

Deb from my Note 3

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Biggest reasons for the update are:
Tap to pay
Better battery life
Performance improvements

This are really the biggest reasons to get the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I get the basic point of the letter. Valid points. That is one of the reasons I will not go to Verizon. Either that, or Root and flash a custom ROM. But that solution only circumvents the real issue. I agree with the idea of 'at least keep us in the loop of a possible release date'.

From a SlimKat Tab 2....from who knows where