An open letter to Verizon about Kit Kat.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Biggest reasons for the update are:
Tap to pay
Better battery life
Performance improvements

This are really the biggest reasons to get the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Don't need tap to pay for me, battery life is exceptional on mine and performance is great. I'm good just the way things are right now!

Deb from my Note 3

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
And you need those updates because???? I've not seen bad battery life, bad performance on my Note 3. Tap to pay? Do you really prefe to use your phone to pay? There's not too many stores that offer that anyway.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
And you need those updates because???? I've not seen bad battery life, bad performance on my Note 3. Tap to pay? Do you really prefe to use your phone to pay? There's not too many stores that offer that anyway.

Better is better.

Why do you feel the need to debate and make an update that can make the phone better seem like a non factor?

There are also some apps coming out that need 4.4. I'd use Google Camera just for the Lens Blur setting, but good luck without Kit Kat...

Performance improvements and improved memory management is good for those of us who use our phones above an elementary level. Same for battery life.

4.4 also brings back some features I had on my S3 that currently isn't on this phone. Like save offline in the browser.

Gear Fit won't work with this phone without 4.4.

Camera will improve a little in 4.4.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Biggest reasons for the update are:
Tap to pay
Better battery life
Performance improvements

This are really the biggest reasons to get the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And Tap to Pay still won't work with Google Wallet on the Verizon Note 3. ISIS will still be your only option.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I buy a phone for what it has.. not what it might get.. im glad I dont have kitkat yet if there is problems..

With the note4 coming in half a year (probably) the new is probably the focus.

Ive accepted that with verizon you are buying what you have on the phone.. in the case of kitkat I got it on my droid maxx and it didnt make a big difference.. its not a system changer..

My two cents..

Posted via Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
And Tap to Pay still won't work with Google Wallet on the Verizon Note 3. ISIS will still be your only option.

Their actually is 0 proof that wallet won't work with 4.4.2 and by all means their really isn't a way for the carrier to block it the way that wallet works on kitkat.
Also the g2 update Verizon pushed does support wallet along with many other kitkat updates Verizon pushed so Verizon isn't blocking it anymore and cant.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My Note3 was the best smartphone money could buy and it sure performed like it. Nothing has changed.....but I just threw it in the garbage because it does not have Kitty Kat.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
A letter to Verizon? Really? Give me a break!! It will get here... Calm down :)

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Their actually is 0 proof that wallet won't work with 4.4.2 and by all means their really isn't a way for the carrier to block it the way that wallet works on kitkat.
Also the g2 update Verizon pushed does support wallet along with many other kitkat updates Verizon pushed so Verizon isn't blocking it anymore and cant.

Does GW work on the Note 3 on any other carrier that has already updated to Kit Kat? It is a hardware/software issue, not a carrier issue.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does GW work on the Note 3 on any other carrier that has already updated to Kit Kat? It is a hardware/software issue, not a carrier issue.

Possibly. I believe the note is possibly missing the secure element which would suck. I guess wait and see for the update