Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Default Need help finding what I need - Going to root

Okay, so it's really difficult to find good solid information for rooting this phone. I also want to go up to 4.4+ You don't need to give me step by step directions or anything, I just need help pointing in the right direction as of today, April 17, 2014.

Finding information these days based on how Devs come up with stuff, then security changes stuff on the Samsung side, then Devs beat that... but whatever... as it goes on everyone is saying "today" or "the new way" or "the current method of doing things"...

So, I'm certain I'll be using odin, I'm certain I'll be doing other things, just curious who's methods really are the right now right ways to do things.

Thanks for the help folks.

Even though I am not asking for it, if you're bored and want to do the easy, Do this, then this then this then this, I'm not going to be upset!

Default Re: Need help finding what I need - Going to root

Kingo Android Root, the most reliable free Android rooting tool
    You also need this to be able to flash the roms http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2517610

That's what I used to root my note 3, its pretty simple. Also you wont be able to upgrade to 4.4 until verizon sends it out or you have a dev edition note 3. Don't try and flash any kitkat rom/cm10/11 rom.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

I am even going to do anything in that case because Root isn't important enough for me to risk what little risk there is even.

Thanks, I'm still reading more and finding things. Not sure if I am going to root still though as I do want to use Ti... Okay, thinking about it now. Thanks.

The risk I worry about is what data root developers get access to on my phone and computer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

That doesn't concern me at all, to be honest, there are the folks out there trying to get things from you, and that's true and unfortunately I think there are much easier ways to get your information than through a backdoor in an app. Most cases, these guys are exposed by the honorable peers. Say, if I were a developer and put in a something the app, you as a developer see it and blow me up all over the web. Not always the case, but I hope it is in a lot of my days.

Also, I think if you stay away from the shadier places, like downloading an APK from a wares site instead of from the playstore and paying for it (not saying you do) then you will be safer, and upon going into shady-land, you kinda get what you deserve! Steal and be stolen from kind of thing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

I also forgot to say that I did root, did use Kingo, just had to use version 1.5 to do it.

I'm not going to rom, but I'm freezing things like a southerner who went north and saw snow for the first time then ran out in it with no sleeves and jean shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    That doesn't concern me at all, to be honest, there are the folks out there trying to get things from you, and that's true and unfortunately I think there are much easier ways to get your information than through a backdoor in an app. Most cases, these guys are exposed by the honorable peers. Say, if I were a developer and put in a something the app, you as a developer see it and blow me up all over the web. Not always the case, but I hope it is in a lot of my days.

Also, I think if you stay away from the shadier places, like downloading an APK from a wares site instead of from the playstore and paying for it (not saying you do) then you will be safer, and upon going into shady-land, you kinda get what you deserve! Steal and be stolen from kind of thing.
    We KNOW they upload stuff from your phone. We don't know how much, when, nor what. How much you worry may depend on how much secure data or $ is directly connected to your accounts. If it is a lot (as is mine) you need to worry about such things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2