NFC and SBeam question

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this issue with SBeam...I was never told that there was a limit to the number of files you can send via S Beam so I selected 6 or 7 pics and placed my phone back to back with my wifes S4, it makes the beeping sound...but it doesn't beam...I try 3 or 4 times and nothing....I switch my batteries, same thing.... so I select one pic and it beams away in seconds no problem...go back to send the other 6 pictures and nothing happens...then someone else with an S4 tells me u can only send 5 at a time...I can live with that but it turns out my wifes S4 can send up to 8 pictures via SBeam with no problem. ..anyway my question is do you think its another 4.3 bug? Or do you think it has anything to do with the resolution or megapixels in the picture? Or something else....thanks in advance for any insight.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use S Beam to send files to other galaxy devices?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this issue with SBeam...I was never told that there was a limit to the number of files you can send via S Beam so I selected 6 or 7 pics and placed my phone back to back with my wifes S4, it makes the beeping sound...but it doesn't beam...I try 3 or 4 times and nothing....I switch my batteries, same thing.... so I select one pic and it beams away in seconds no problem...go back to send the other 6 pictures and nothing happens...then someone else with an S4 tells me u can only send 5 at a time...I can live with that but it turns out my wifes S4 can send up to 8 pictures via SBeam with no problem. ..anyway my question is do you think its another 4.3 bug? Or do you think it has anything to do with the resolution or megapixels in the picture? Or something else....thanks in advance for any insight.

I just tried using s beam to send 8 pics from my Note 3 to my husband's note 3 and it worked perfectly. I would have taken a screen shot to show the "success" part but it flashes and goes away too quickly.

One thing I always forget to do when I try to s beam - is to separate the devices after the vibrate/noise so the pics can transfer cos it won't happen whilst they're back to back.

For what it's worth we are both Verizon running JB.

Maybe it's a note 3 to s4 problem? I hope you get it figured out. I like using s beam as its a whole of a lot easier to share photos with my husband.

Sarks.

p.s if the note 8 tablet has s beam (its not mine its my husband's) I'll give that ago in the morning, and I'll let you know the results.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks...I've yet to try it Note 3 to Note 3 that may be the cause...I have a friend here at work with a note 3... I'm going to test it...thanks

avs1121

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When my wife upgraded from s4 to note 3, she sbeamed over 300 photos, then a couple hundred songs to transfer back to her S4. . . no problems and only 2 beams and I had the note3.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Must be something on my phone then... I'm gonna have to do some trial and error to find out what...thanks

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use S Beam to send files to other galaxy devices?

Yes, and I've noticed some issues sometimes sending to an S4 (which didn't happen with my S3 sending to/from the S4). Sometimes it just fails. Rebooting the phones tend to remedy it. Wonder if it's due to something else (like the Wi-Fi in the Note), because NFC Connects and Registers just fine. I haven't tried BT (Android Beam/S Beam off) because I doubt these phones retained the BT +HS that was in earlier Galaxy S devices, and transferring a 500MB video over BT EDR would take forever. I won't even try that.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I just tested the S Beam Note 3 to Note 3 and I was able to send 10 pics via S Beam with no problem...so its an issue with Note 3 to S4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have sent a few dozen pictures no problems

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From your Note 3 to what? An S4 or another note 3?

N3 to n3,n3 to n2, n3 to s3. All work with dozens of files.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is N3 to S4...thanks

I don't have an s4 or know anyone with an s4,so can't test. Most everyone I know on Samsung is using the note series.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife refuses to get the note3 she loves the size of her S4 its not a big deal, 5 pics at a time isn't bad especially since it transfers so fast...just another minor bug to deal with like the transition animation bug...