Brand Loyalty?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Curious what the general consensus is regarding brand loyalty?
I ask because of the latest S5 vs. M8 hysteria as of late.
It seems that there are many that are simply brand loyal regardless of the product itself.
The apologists for these 2 particular phones are out in droves and appear to be making it a personal crusade to convince everyone that "their" choice is the best.
Both are fantastic devices but clearly have some shortcomings in spite of the level denial expressed here on the forums.

Similar to Ford vs. Chevy, Repub vs. Dem, and on and on.
So my question is; is it all about the brand and staying "loyal" to it or just picking the best product that suits your needs?
Since I am asking I will go first; I do not care who makes it as long as I like it and it is serves my purposes.
I have owned, Sammy, Moto, LG and HTC and in each case the particular phone(s) was fantastic.
Currently I have the N3 and HTC M7 and both are for the most part great phones.
Like anything in life there are pluses and minuses......nevertheless, I do my research and go with what works for me.

I am really intrigued with the new One Plus One by the way......

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What your pointing out imo is just the effect of too many people drinking the marketing koolaid and believing it. I tried both and found the Moto X to be mine. It is not better than them but I like it more.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot of people are just trying to reinforce the idea that they purchased the best available device. This can result in brand loyalty over time, but there's really no rational reason to buy a device primarily due to loyalty. I really like my G2, but if the G3 or G4 don't meet my needs I'll move on to something else.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I love options and don't bash another device that works for others. I find whenever someone ask about my note 3 and I show them the many features on occasion they've stated "I'd never use or do any of those things (s pen)." funny how people said that when Web browsers and GPS was added to phone, now it's hard seeing yourself without either in your hand. It's almost like they're saying their phone is more practical or somehow better with fewer options. I remind them that why we have choices. I can't understand how people get so emotional and protective over their phones...

Posted via Android Central App

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
having had phones over all the years from all different phone makers, i have to say i've been happiest with my samsungs. that said i guess i have way more loyalty to the spen than to samsung specifically. new phones come out and i read up on them and then it all comes down to screen size and s pen and their lack of those two things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513