Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Default Media server & battery

I've seen a huge difference in my battery life. What is "media server" ? Also I signed out of you tube and closed it.... but it's still using battery?

sent from my Note 3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Default Re: Media server & battery

Screen shot

sent from my Note 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Media server & battery-1398194789312.jpg  

I had a currupt file (picture) on my SD card a while back. As a result I was showing a high battery use. I had to go through all of my pic to find the currupt one. Removed it and the phone was all good. The wife had the same issue only hers was a currupt music file. Try removing your SD card and see if the media server battery use goes down. If so a currupt file would be my guess. Good luck 🍀

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kctony View Post
    I had a currupt file (picture) on my SD card a while back. As a result I was showing a high battery use. I had to go through all of my pic to find the currupt one. Removed it and the phone was all good. The wife had the same issue only hers was a currupt music file. Try removing your SD card and see if the media server battery use goes down. If so a currupt file would be my guess. Good luck 🍀

Posted via Android Central App
    Yep I suspect it was something like that. I downloaded an app called battery doctor. I thought I had everything closed. Turns out there were many apps (including music app that was downloading album covers to my gallery) running in the background all the time! Facebook messenger & Pandora were also always open even though I would "quit" them. Huge difference in battery life now! Way better!!

sent from my Note 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Media server & battery-1398341632035.jpg