Verizon Releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Galaxy Note 3 in Late May (Alledgedly)

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Im glad they are taking there time to fix the bugs. But im going to be highly upset if its still buggy after taking months longer to release than other carriers.

Posted via Android Central App

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Nope, nope, neeewwwwwp I'm not listening, I don't want it, I love my note 3 as is, it works perfectly, I'm not messing with it, hell nooooo!!!

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I'm looking forward to is a fix for the bloody wifi connectivity issue.. Mine simply will not stay connected no matter what...

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has been taking longer because they require more guidelines for Technical Approval! The DNA is finally starting updates TOMORROW... After being Delayed Twice... Certification went fine but ever time i went for approval, it would get denied, re-spun and then sent again and denied... Finally got approval! Hopefully they are spot on with the rest

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am really sorry to hear about your WiFi issues; I am confused though, I have excellent connectivity and assume that I am running the same version of software......
Shouldn't all of us have the same WiFi experience, provided it is a software issue?

Awesome, thanks z06mike. Hope it fixes the insanely frustrating wifi connection dropping in and out on me.

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
New.softpedia.com has posted that Verizon Releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Galaxy S4, S4 Mini, Note II and Note 3 in Late May. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's the firmest projection I've read!

Verizon Releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Galaxy S4, S4 Mini, Note II and Note 3 in Late May

I'm thinking about not taking the update when it hits. I like being able to have total access to my SD card. Kit Kat will remove this capability.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
By all accounts, the folks who installed the recent leaked version said they have full access to their SD cards, so Samsung must have baked the workaround into TW directly. Also, I don't recall reading all issues with the latest Tab Pro and Note Pro tablets running KK either.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
By all accounts, the folks who installed the recent leaked version said they have full access to their SD cards, so Samsung must have baked the workaround into TW directly. Also, I don't recall reading all issues with the latest Tab Pro and Note Pro tablets running KK either.

The new leak is not the full update. It's good for sure but not full. I went back to a 4.3 version instead of continuing to use it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The leaked version has several loopholes in it that will allow you to revert to 4.3 and there's talk of custom kernels that are highly feasible now. Once 4.4 officially drops you can kiss all that goodbye. I've been running the leak with 0 issues. This thing doesn't even touch the battery while it's sleeping. Try it if y all don't like it revert back to 4.3 and then take the update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Kit Kat has very little affect on sd card. I have it on Att N3 and have no issues using it the same way I used it before. I had issues with update and it took a factory reset to fix battery issues. But I've reloaded card with 40gb or so of music, pdf, office, etc and copied old card dcim, etc to new card and have all the access I had before. I think it was an issue with devs updating their apps for KK more than anything with OS. I think there may be issues with 3rd party photo apps and editors, but I import and save office and pdf files all the time to sd card from two different apps and have had no issues. I can move files around with File Manager cut/copy with no issues. If there are issues with apps access to sd I haven't found it or don't have the particular apps that have access issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11