Verizon Releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Galaxy Note 3 in Late May (Alledgedly)

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I hope that there aren't any problems with the update since Verizon takes so long to release the update

Posted via Android Central App

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope that there aren't any problems with the update since Verizon takes so long to release the update

Posted via Android Central App

I've been checking different issues i have with 4.3 on my Note 3 compared with my wifes S4 and all have been fixed... There aren't any issues with her sd card and apps, or pictures... Kit kat seems very stable or her S4

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to Google Wallet working, simply because it should. I don't know how much I will use it but it would be nice to have it available. I hope PDA Net writes a fix for losing Foxfi, I use it all the time. If I had to choose between gaining Google Wallet and losing Foxfi it's not even a contest. Like many updates, it will probably not be an option and they will probably force it on us eventually.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I look forward to Google Wallet working, simply because it should. I don't know how much I will use it but it would be nice to have it available. I hope PDA Net writes a fix for losing Foxfi, I use it all the time. If I had to choose between gaining Google Wallet and losing Foxfi it's not even a contest. Like many updates, it will probably not be an option and they will probably force it on us eventually.

I think I read on xda that google wallet works, but not the tap to pay functionality.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I read on xda that google wallet works, but not the tap to pay functionality.

Google wallet will work on any device really it just varies as far as which one will do the tap to pay. The s4 kit Kat update on Verizon had it so who knows I guess

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The Tap and pay is a function of Google Wallet, so until that works I don't consider it fully functioning. I set up Google wallet, have a credit card on it, all ready to tap and pay when it starts working. I refuse to use the Verizon / ATT / Tmobile tap and pay app since they will not allow competition on their network / devices. However they are blocking Google Wallet from working, it has me boycotting their tap and pay. Even if it worked better, I would refuse to use it. Interesting that Sprint is not in on the ISIS app, and Google wallet with tap and pay works fine on their phones and network. Isis (mobile payment system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google wallet requires kit kat after April 14th. Google Wallet's tap-to-pay feature will require Android 4.4 KitKat starting April 14th

I just read where Foxfi will now work with the Kit Kat update, and that was one of my main concerns. If I gain google wallet and don't have any bad side effects all the better.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Tap and pay is a function of Google Wallet, so until that works I don't consider it fully functioning. I set up Google wallet, have a credit card on it, all ready to tap and pay when it starts working. I refuse to use the Verizon / ATT / Tmobile tap and pay app since they will not allow competition on their network / devices. However they are blocking Google Wallet from working, it has me boycotting their tap and pay. Even if it worked better, I would refuse to use it. Interesting that Sprint is not in on the ISIS app, and Google wallet with tap and pay works fine on their phones and network. Isis (mobile payment system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google wallet requires kit kat after April 14th. Google Wallet's tap-to-pay feature will require Android 4.4 KitKat starting April 14th

I just read where Foxfi will now work with the Kit Kat update, and that was one of my main concerns. If I gain google wallet and don't have any bad side effects all the better.

Yea plus Isis you can only use American express card and not visa which I have.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Amex Serve card also, it took FIVE DAYS before the money I "deposited" on the card was available even though my bank showed the money transferred after 2 days. I canceled that crap quick!

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea plus Isis you can only use American express card and not visa which I have.

You are incorrect. I have my regular American Express card, a Chase Visa, and a Wells Fargo Visa all loaded to my ISIS account and I used them all interchangeably with no problem.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You are incorrect. I have my regular American Express card, a Chase Visa, and a Wells Fargo Visa all loaded to my ISIS account and I used them all interchangeably with no problem.

Oh hmm I was under the impression you couldn't. I'll have to give it a try. Thank you

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
According to the forum, it's starting to look like the RazrHD is going to get KK before the N3. Which is cool because I still love my MaxxHD. I can live with 4.3 on the N3 for a while - better than then having an update break my phone!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This should be in my thread about random rumors. Sorry, jaded and stuff, but will believe it when I see it, and probably not even until much later.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have a list of all the changes Note 3 will receive with KitKat

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad