connecting to car's aux in, which will sound better? Bluetooth or headphone out?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My car stereo only has a 3.5mm aux input jack. I currently connect the Note 3 via a 3.5mm cable plugged into the Note 3's headphone jack and it sounds fine.

However, I'm wondering if I'll get better sound by getting a Bluetooth receiver. The receiver will pick up the sound from the Note 3 via Bluetooth, then feed it to the car's aux in.

Or is there very little difference between the two, as far as sound quality is concerned?

Thanks!

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
My receiver does both and I can barely tell the difference. Now, its a jeep so probably not the best test in the world.

Al

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've used both and in most cases direct plug in works better. At the same time Bluetooth tech has come a long way and sounds pretty damn good.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Wired will be better, but you likely will not be able to tell. Some people with more sensitive hearing may be better able to. Test it out.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I find connecting via blue tooth to my car radio to be very convenient. Not only does it sound good for music, but I also take advantage of hands free speaker phone, automatic contacts list upload, and text to speech that are all done thru blue tooth connection. Only wire attachment I use is to charge my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I find connecting via blue tooth to my car radio to be very convenient. Not only does it sound good for music, but I also take advantage of hands free speaker phone, automatic contacts list upload, and text to speech that are all done thru blue tooth connection. Only wire attachment I use is to charge my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am in 100 percent agreement with this. I have my Note 3 connected to my Pioneer AVH-P8400 double din unit that enables all this. Put this all together with premium aftermarket amps, speakers, subs, cables, and professional install and bluetooth audio sounds awesome. I am using Milk Music as my primary streaming service which sounds great utilizing the high quality setting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am in 100 percent agreement with this. I have my Note 3 connected to my Pioneer AVH-P8400 double din unit that enables all this. Put this all together with premium aftermarket amps, speakers, subs, cables, and professional install and bluetooth audio sounds awesome. I am using Milk Music as my primary streaming service which sounds great utilizing the high quality setting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Milk Music Rocks

Posted via Android Central App

Steve DeMott

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Note 3, I have Bluetooth hand-free calling in my vehicle (on-star); however, it does not have a2dp audio profile for streaming music though my car's speakers. Not a problem as i can use standard audio jack and listen to my device. Herein lies my problem. I prefer to use on-star hand-free Bluetooth calling when I'm in my vehicle to answer calls, but when I'm plugged into "headphones" The call defaults to the 3.5mm audio jack. This does not work as no one can hear me. since its not using the Bluetooth of the car, it doesn't recognize a microphone, nor does it when plugged into my car's auxiliary. There a button to broadcast though the headset, but it is unclickable. To talk on the phone i have to either unplug the headset chord, or enable speaker phone. Neither of these options is a viable solution. My previous Motorola phones never had any issues connecting calls to via Bluetooth while keeping mp3 player though audio jack. Is there a solution to this problem.

Beaugart

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am having the same problem! I prefer to listen to music through the aux 3.5 mm audio cable in my car; however, I want the calls to come through bluetooth. I refuse to use bluetooth for listening to music in my car due to the HORRENDOUS quality (too much stuttering). How do you make the bluetooth audio the default for calls regardless if headphones are wired?

xenos79

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am having the same problem! I prefer to listen to music through the aux 3.5 mm audio cable in my car; however, I want the calls to come through bluetooth. I refuse to use bluetooth for listening to music in my car due to the HORRENDOUS quality (too much stuttering). How do you make the bluetooth audio the default for calls regardless if headphones are wired?

Connect BT Device
Goto Bluetooth settings once connected
Select the Device and go into it's settings, usually it's a gear to right of device
In Settings of the BT Device deselect Media Audio(Keep Phone Audio selected)
exit Settings

This should allow only phone calls to come thru bluetooth and music should default to phone speakers/headphone jack

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Connect BT Device
Goto Bluetooth settings once connected
Select the Device and go into it's settings, usually it's a gear to right of device
In Settings of the BT Device deselect Media Audio(Keep Phone Audio selected)
exit Settings

This should allow only phone calls to come thru bluetooth and music should default to phone speakers/headphone jack

Yes that'll do it. Have this same setup and works flawlessly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet