Easy way to view everyone's total data usage on my plan?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

My husband, I and our friend are all on the same Verizon account. Up until maybe a month ago we all had seperate 2gb/month data plans but then we convinced (haha) our friend to get the note 3 too.

It worked out a lot cheaper for us to switch to the shared 6gb plan. This works for us all because we are on wifi the large majority of the time.

I know I can go to settings >> data usage or go into the my Verizon and see my data usage but is there a way for me to see the overall usage from everyone without logging into a PC? I tried on the my Verizon app but all it was showing was my own usage.

We hope to do some traveling in the next couple of months (just within the US) so it would be handy to keep note if there is an easy way.

Thanks!

Sarks

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Mobile app does it.. Pre-loaded. Shows my family 's total data usage and breakdown by line. Widget shows data usage too (is pretty good actually and now updates without the use needing to ask for an update) . Also we receive text messages at set points of data consumption.

Is your app out of date? Are you logged in to the correct account? Something doesn't sound like it's set up correctly as that app does exactly what you're looking for as I understand it.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Mobile app does it.. Pre-loaded. Shows my family 's total data usage and breakdown by line. Widget shows data usage too (is pretty good actually and now updates without the use needing to ask for an update) . Also we receive text messages at set points of data consumption.

Is your app out of date? Are you logged in to the correct account? Something doesn't sound like it's set up correctly as that app does exactly what you're looking for as I understand it.

Weird. Perhaps I have some setting wrong. It says I have version 10.0.615 and that it's up to date. The total data that it is showing though is only the data from my phone. When I checked my husband's data and my own the numbers don't match - it only matches my phones data.

I am logged into the right account because I'm the account owner.

I do have the alerts set to warn me when im reaching a 2gb limit - but that won't be much good if the other 2 phones have used over 4gb, ha.

Not too worried about it - I was just hoping there would be some simple way to view all of us together.

Tomorrow I guess I will fiddle around with it some and see if maybe I've done something so that it only shows my own usage.

Cheers for the reply though :)

Sarks.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Perhaps I have some setting wrong. It says I have version 10.0.615 and that it's up to date. The total data that it is showing though is only the data from my phone. When I checked my husband's data and my own the numbers don't match - it only matches my phones data.

I am logged into the right account because I'm the account owner.

I do have the alerts set to warn me when im reaching a 2gb limit - but that won't be much good if the other 2 phones have used over 4gb, ha.

Not too worried about it - I was just hoping there would be some simple way to view all of us together.

Tomorrow I guess I will fiddle around with it some and see if maybe I've done something so that it only shows my own usage.

Cheers for the reply though :)

Sarks.

I'm using a widget called My Verizon shared data. It shows all lines on your account.

sent from my Note 3

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Sarks.. I'm on 10.0.650... Also in the upper right hand corner is the settings icon (gear) and the only thing in there which is to set the format for the widget. Are you able to add the data widget to your home screen? Does it refresh automatically (that was the most recent update)? Something is not right with what you are seeing.. Can you post a screen shot? (blurred)

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Sarks - here's the screen I get when I enter the app from the homepage widget..(graphical summary of usage across all lines) If I click details, I go into the typical home screen for the app

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399261163357.jpg
    1399261163357.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same question.

It seems that all lines will only be shown to the "Primary" line phone, not the others, regardless of whether the others are the Account 'Owner.'

My wife's phone is the Primary line, and I am the Account Owner. With the Widget, my wife's phone shows the usage for all the lines on the plan, while mine shows for my phoneline only.

It shouldn't be this way, but as far as I can see, this is the way it works, and I don't see any way to change it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In that case just call Verizon and have your line made primary

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I figured out how to do it without calling Verizon.

I just logged into the account on my desktop, and then chose the option to assign "Account Managers." I added my name and number, had to confirm via text, and the next time I used the Widget on my phone, it showed the data usage for all of my lines individually, along with the total. Perfect!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. For your situation that is fine, just beware that account managers have the same authority as the account owners, except that they cannot add or remove account managers, and maybe something else too.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Weird thing is that I am the account owner/primary (even confirmed that to myself by logging on from my PC to check).

Oh well it is not a huge issue/problem. If I have a spare 5 minutes one day I might give Verizon a call and ask them.

Cheers for all the help! :)

Sarks.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Weird thing is that I am the account owner/primary (even confirmed that to myself by logging on from my PC to check).

Oh well it is not a huge issue/problem. If I have a spare 5 minutes one day I might give Verizon a call and ask them.

Cheers for all the help! :)

Sarks.

Being the Account Owner, and having the Primary line, are not necessarily the same thing.

Before investing time trying to get hold of somebody at Verizon, log into your account, and add yourself as one of the official Account Managers. If that doesn't do it, then it looks like a call to Verizon might be in order.