Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default voice mail notification indicator?

    Anyone know of a way to get voice mail notifications on an icon?

    When a new email comes in, a numeric indicator shows up next to the email icon indicating how many non-read emails you have. Anyone know of a way to get the same thing for voice mails?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    Anyone know of a way to get voice mail notifications on an icon?

    When a new email comes in, a numeric indicator shows up next to the email icon indicating how many non-read emails you have. Anyone know of a way to get the same thing for voice mails?
    For mine it shows how many voicemails I have which I have not yet listened to. Here is a screen shot so you can see. The only thing that I can think of that might make a difference (it may not, I'm unsure) is that I have Verizon's visual voicemail.

    Hopefully there is an easy solve to your question.

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    For mine it shows how many voicemails I have which I have not yet listened to. Here is a screen shot so you can see. The only thing that I can think of that might make a difference (it may not, I'm unsure) is that I have Verizon's visual voicemail.

    Hopefully there is an easy solve to your question.

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Forgot the screenshot!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voice mail notification indicator?-1398487491767.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    I get notifications for missed calls, email, etc., but not for voice mail. I just called my cell and left a VM - as you can see below, I have a missed call, but no voice mail indication in the icon, although the "notifications" area does show a new voice mail.

    voice mail notification indicator?-screenshot.jpg

    I'm using Nova Launcher - I wonder if that's causing the issue?

    bert
  5. #5  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Get the TeslaUnread plugin for nova

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Quote Originally Posted by daves221 View Post
    Get the TeslaUnread plugin for nova
    I have Telsa Unread installed - that's how I'm getting the mail, missed calls, etc. notifications icons.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    In that case, I'm wondering whether it will display.. Can't remember other than in the notification panel. Just added visual vm so can't tell without. (was it the before nova? Or, go back to TouchWiz and leave yourself a few vms and see?)

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    I get notifications for missed calls, email, etc., but not for voice mail. I just called my cell and left a VM - as you can see below, I have a missed call, but no voice mail indication in the icon, although the "notifications" area does show a new voice mail.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	114906

    I'm using Nova Launcher - I wonder if that's causing the issue?

    bert
    One other thing. Do you have data turned off? When I have my data turned off (just using wifi) a lot of the time I don't get a notification of a voicemail on the app until after I turn my data back on.

    Other than that I'm clueless - sorry. I don't use a different launcher though there are many on here who use Nova so they should be able to help you better than I can.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Well, it appears that Telsa Unread doesn't support the voice mail notification, so, since I don't want to give up Nova Launcher, I'm stuck without a voicemail indicator.

    thanks all.
    bert
  10. #10  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Even if the launcher doesn't support it in the windows, it still should be in your notification bar, correct? (a function of 4g and Android)

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: voice mail notification indicator?

    Yes, it does show in the notifications.

Similar Threads

  1. S Voice with Jabra headset
    By nsanders in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM
  2. FREE or CHEAP International data/voice/texts
    By Stevini18 in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 11:35 PM
  3. Active Notification for Hangouts SMS
    By mtndewgood in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 08:38 PM
  4. Galaxy S4: New Icon on Notification Bar
    By HiddenPuppy in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 02:12 PM
  5. KitKat quick impression - plain white notification icons
    By TheSkipperCDB in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 09:21 PM

Posting Permissions