Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trucksmoveamerica#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    I always check on Google now on the latest note 3 news and came upon this and wanted to share. Though I'm tempted...wondering if anyone think it's a shot?

    Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Available Early

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    I'm in no hurry. There have been reported issues with KitKat that I'm hoping Verizon will work out before they officially release it.

    Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Hell no. In fact I plan to NOT update if I can help it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    I actually just had the chance to read all of the instructions and it seems confusing for the average user and may even brick the phone I'll probably pass

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    dc5_k20z1's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    ROM
    Stock FP5

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Quote Originally Posted by kami8586 View Post
    I always check on Google now on the latest note 3 news and came upon this and wanted to share. Though I'm tempted...wondering if anyone think it's a shot?

    Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Available Early

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    That's the leaked KitKat build that sxtp developers leaked back on Easter Sunday. I don't know why that site is just now reporting it. That will not be the official OTA KitKat release, as that version has an unlocked bootloader and is not completely finished. Lots of people who've loaded it say that it is pretty stable and that it runs good.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Does anyone know if I do this...will I be able to accept the OTA from Verizon when they DO FINALLY decide to grace us with the official build?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Quote Originally Posted by atrain311qes109 View Post
    Does anyone know if I do this...will I be able to accept the OTA from Verizon when they DO FINALLY decide to grace us with the official build?
    It is unknown at this time. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. Personally, I would advise against installing an update that wasn't officially pushed. Besides the possibility of not being able to accept the ota, there could be some bugs. You typically cannot easily roll back (if at all). And if you have a problem and contact Verizon, they may ask what version you have.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    It is unknown at this time. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. Personally, I would advise against installing an update that wasn't officially pushed. Besides the possibility of not being able to accept the ota, there could be some bugs. You typically cannot easily roll back (if at all). And if you have a problem and contact Verizon, they may ask what version you have.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I've waited this long, what's another few weeks, months, new upgrade?
    Thank you.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    In no rush. Phone runs great. Until official no need for me

    Posted from my awesome Note3
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    This would be the only reason I would root my note 3, to prevent the update. Phone is fine the way it is now. I'm just waiting for when the update is released, all the posts popping up on how it wrecked my phone. Far as I'm concerned, Verizon is doing us a favor by not releasing the update.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    anon24860 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Well guys and girls....you want kitkat early?

    Just curious if anyone has done it

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. GLONASS GPS inoperable after KitKat update.
    By John_Cline in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 07:06 AM
  2. Hey guys
    By loc_luke in forum Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:36 AM
  3. I Just Want to Say, Hats off to this Community.
    By z33dev33l in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 03:56 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:56 PM
  5. Galaxy S5: Show contact's company and title when they call?
    By EvaBean72 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions