Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jeremy81
  • 2 Post By Spencerdl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Software Update for Note 3 on Verizon Software Update Assistant. KitKat?

Verizon Software Update Assistant on my Mac just popped up saying there is a software update available for my Galaxy Note 3. It doesn't say what version but I'm going to assume it's Kitkat. My internet is pretty slow so it will be a little while before it's ready.

New Software Update for Note 3 on Verizon Software Update Assistant. KitKat?-screen-shot-2014-05-12-6.59.48-am.png
    Thanked by:
    scribe4food likes this.

Default Re: New Software Update for Note 3 on Verizon Software Update Assistant. KitKat?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy81 View Post
    Verizon Software Update Assistant on my Mac just popped up saying there is a software update available for my Galaxy Note 3. It doesn't say what version but I'm going to assume it's Kitkat. My internet is pretty slow so it will be a little while before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 6.59.48 AM.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	117769
    Mine is saying its up to date on 4.3

Default Re: New Software Update for Note 3 on Verizon Software Update Assistant. KitKat?

It's not your internet. It's very slow downloading via Verizon software. My thinking is that just about everyone is doing it right now. Wish I did it as soon as I saw the article.

Quote Originally Posted by all4dom View Post
    It's not your internet. It's very slow downloading via Verizon software. My thinking is that just about everyone is doing it right now. Wish I did it as soon as I saw the article.
    Not me, I've decided to wait and hear from other Verizon Note3 owners before I download the new update and see what is actually going on with the Verizon version of KitKat. Just to many negative stories about KitKat and I don't want to ruin my perfectly working Note3 on the JellyBean OS.
    doc69 and Turtle Droid2 like this.

I honestly don't feel a difference right now. Battery color being white is cool I suppose. :-P

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Not me, I've decided to wait and hear from other Verizon Note3 owners before I download the new update and see what is actually going on with the Verizon version of KitKat. Just to many negative stories about KitKat and I don't want to ruin my perfectly working Note3 on the JellyBean OS.
    I don't think you have a choice now. To me, it looks like the update is gone. I have been trying to troubleshoot why mine wouldn't update via either method. Now, neither of them are saying the update is available any more.

Would that have been some sort of a test? I got mine earlier...

I wasnt expecting a lot and so far just minor changes, anything deeper in the system I just havent came across yet

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    Would that have been some sort of a test? I got mine earlier...

I wasnt expecting a lot and so far just minor changes, anything deeper in the system I just havent came across yet

Try and see if Google Wallet tap to pay can be set up.

beh

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoe110 View Post
    Try and see if Google Wallet tap to pay can be set up.

Wallet Tab n Pay specifically lists the Note 3 as one of only a few phones with NFC and a secure SIM card that will not work with Tap n Pay. Lucky us. However the rest of Wallet will work and does install.
    Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920V
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

I believe they pulled the update everyone is having the same issue. Including myself

i cant get the update on neither the OTA or Kies .I have a VZW note 3 with a T-mobile sim card in it ...is that why i cant get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Watson1 View Post
    i cant get the update on neither the OTA or Kies .I have a VZW note 3 with a T-mobile sim card in it ...is that why i cant get it ?
    I'm assuming so. I'm sure it has something to do with it reading that Sim to T-Mobile. Are you able to update it without the Sim card?