Got Official KitKat Via Verizon Upgrade Assistant

all4dom

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Downloading through Verizon software & so far only 7% and it's been about 30 minutes or so. This is crazy in how long it's taking but my guess is many people are trying to download it right now. Any word on a changelog yet?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Downloading through Verizon software & so far only 7% and it's been about 30 minutes or so. This is crazy in how long it's taking but my guess is many people are trying to download it right now. Any word on a changelog yet?

What Verizon software are you using??

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well after it failing to upgrade I had a friend help that knows a lot more than I do.

After it freezing up a couple times I finally got it.. had to do emergency recovery but when it did it was 4.4.2

Doesnt look too different. . Batt on notification is white now and theres a camera on the lock screen..

After I recover from the mild heart attack of my phone freezing ill look more into it lol

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I think that I have installed the update using Kies 3 & usb for my Note 3. Under Software version is says N900VVRUNC4 is this showing the correct update ?
Thanks

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
A little underwhelmed after my kies update, but that was to be expected. All good, though. I'm also having the visual voicemail issue, but I never used that service anyway, having used Google voice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think they pulled the update. I was having tons of issues as well. Now it's stating the 4.3 is up to date on kies and VUA will not allow me to click on the update box anymore, even though I have the update downloaded already.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone do a factory data reset afterwards? Should I do one

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I didnt.. ive never had to do a factory reset after an update. If you dont see any major problems I wouldnt worry about it.
So far the visual voicemail is the only problem and a factory reset wont fix that..

Posted via Android Central App

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Update menu came on..updated to 4.3 ..box on computer says phone up to date....help

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Think this update is bogus..All I get is..my phone is up to date..With 4.3....hoax
Most likely. ..seams that's what everyone is getting now.
Anyone know what's really going on?????

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone do a factory data reset afterwards? Should I do one
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I did but only because I always do after a version change. Everything was working fine before the reset so I didn't feel like I had to do it. The phone doesn't feel any different speed-wise after the reset so unless you're OCD like me I wouldn't do it.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The only Problem I am having is that my Visual Voice Mail is not working. That is not a big problem for me. My Foxfi and saving to my 64 GB SD card are working that is more important to me then anything to me.

all4dom

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Was able to download the update at work, But was to late to install so tried it just now pulled, & software says update. This was pulled, but why I don't know.

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Tried again and all I get is your software is up to date.
Going to try again tomorrow.
Maybe we blew it up ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21