Got Official KitKat Via Verizon Upgrade Assistant

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I plugged my phone in this morning at work and I got a popup from the Verizon Upgrade Assistant software saying there is an update for my phone. I hit OK and it took about a half hour and my phone rebooted and I check my software version and show this:

Screenshot_2014-05-12-07-57-50.jpg

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So, I plugged my phone in this morning at work and I got a popup from the Verizon Upgrade Assistant software saying there is an update for my phone. I hit OK and it took about a half hour and my phone rebooted and I check my software version and show this:

View attachment 117773

Soooo, it's been a hour..How's the Verizon version of KitKat running. I know I'm anxious (impatient) and want to know ....SMILE

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes tell us how it runs... I'm with the gf looking at new suvs so I'm playing the waiting game here!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had much time to really mess around with my phone, but I could tell immediately that it was running faster and smoother, probably due to the phone using less ram while sitting idle (about half the ram is free).

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Running well so far. Hard to tell the difference between this version and 4.3. Several visual cues but they're hard to spot. Only issue I've had so far is the Visual Voice Mail app tells me that basic visual voice mail is now free and I should subscribe to it. When I try it fails. The app throws a reminder in the notification area after every reboot. Annoying but not horrible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any issues accessing the sd card from Astro or similar?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried updating with Kies 3, but the download always fails at 16%. I get 3 dialogs as follows:

Note3Update.jpg

After I start to install from the last dialog, I initially got a dialog indicating that the install failed, but am not getting that dialog any more (I've tried about 3 times).

PS: I think I know why it failed. My router has "gateway anti-virus" protection on it and it detected the following in the update:

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert: Suspicious#themida.4 (Trojan) blocked

yusko932

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Running well so far. Hard to tell the difference between this version and 4.3. Several visual cues but they're hard to spot. Only issue I've had so far is the Visual Voice Mail app tells me that basic visual voice mail is now free and I should subscribe to it. When I try it fails. The app throws a reminder in the notification area after every reboot. Annoying but not horrible.

I'm having the same issue. Will probably call VZW later today.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 117773

So any guess as to How soon they will send it ota?

sent from my Note 3

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Any issues accessing the sd card from Astro or similar?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I use Android Assistant as my file browser and it can not see the SD card as of the update, but the native touchwiz file browser still can see the SD card, but I am unable to cut and paste from the phone memory to the SD card.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Can u still save photos to the ad card?

Yes absolutely. I don't have sd card issues with 4.4 on my factory unit. I don't bother with creating folders. Music, docs, photos, apps on the card still work the same for my uses.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess im not smart enough to figure out downloading the update...

Cant find kies on my phone. Downloaded kies for my pc and all it did was put a bunch of apps on my laptop screen

Any help?

Posted via Android Central App

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Will probably call VZW later today.

And it will for a while yet, on the phone with Verizon and while it was added with KitKat, it isn't yet active on the Note 3. Only supported on the LG Lucid 3 right now. Really annoying IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance