Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default why are some Verizon Galaxy Note 3 phones manufactured in Korea instead of China?

why are some Verizon Galaxy Note 3 phones manufactured in Korea instead of China?

I have two Verizon GAlaxy Note 3 phones.(as well as a Verizon Galaxy Note 2) All three were manufactured in Korea. I always just assumed that it was because the Note 2 and 3 were flagship devices so Samsung made them in Korea.

However, I saw my friend's new Verizon Galaxy Note 3 this morning.(purchased last week) It was manufactured in China. Is there really a difference between the two?

Does Samsung produce these phones in any other country beside China and Korea?
    beh

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Default Re: why are some Verizon Galaxy Note 3 phones manufactured in Korea instead of China?

I purchased my S3, S4, and Note 3 when each was first released and all of them were made in Korea. However, like you I saw later made versions were made in China.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

Default Re: why are some Verizon Galaxy Note 3 phones manufactured in Korea instead of China?

Samsung has been moving away from Korea to China and most recently moving to Vietnam for manufacturing.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3