Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).

What's happening:

If anyone is familiar with the Gear watches, Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 and S4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality?

Thanks!

Default Re: Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpnd152 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).

What's happening:

If anyone is familiar with the Gear watches, Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 and S4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality?

Thanks!
    I'm experiencing the same issue.

I am using the original GG and have no problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I did a factory reset on my gear after the update and it seems to have fixed it. Also note that I clear cached for gear manager. I was trying to fix my gear 2 watch face changing back to the default watch face from a customized watch face.

Quote Originally Posted by alengman View Post
    I did a factory reset on my gear after the update and it seems to have fixed it. Also note that I clear cached for gear manager. I was trying to fix my gear 2 watch face changing back to the default watch face from a customized watch face.

This didn't work for me. I loved the auto lock feature. This issue sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpnd152 View Post
    Hey everyone!

What's happening:

Thanks!
    Did you fix your issue?

Mine started working after I got a gear manager update.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by aqwesd View Post
    Mine started working after I got a gear manager update.

My gear didn't receive an update. Hmm