- 2 Posts
Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat
I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).
If anyone is familiar with the Gear watches, Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 and S4.
Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality?
- 05-13-2014, 09:20 AM #2
- 05-13-2014, 01:55 PM #3
- 05-13-2014, 07:20 PM #4
Re: Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat
I did a factory reset on my gear after the update and it seems to have fixed it. Also note that I clear cached for gear manager. I was trying to fix my gear 2 watch face changing back to the default watch face from a customized watch face.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
- 05-16-2014, 07:29 PM #5
- 05-16-2014, 08:40 PM #6
- 05-17-2014, 07:06 AM #7
- 05-18-2014, 02:46 AM #8
- By uberterrific in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 20Last Post: 09-25-2014, 05:24 AM
- By zaydabarber in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:53 PM
- By AhmadS3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 02:26 AM
- By CptCobrafist in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:34 PM
- By Fame Six in forum Sony Xperia UReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 09:45 PM