getting the official 4.4 update

aali925

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Got a quick question I'm currently on a leaked version of the kit Kat update and I want to go to the official update, how do I go about doing that? I used odin to update to the leaked update. Any help will be appreciated Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got a quick question I'm currently on a leaked version of the kit Kat update and I want to go to the official update, how do I go about doing that? I used odin to update to the leaked update. Any help will be appreciated Thanks

You will probably have to flash the official update via Odin. When I had my S2 and was on leaked updates, my phone always said up to date, even when the official one was out.

aali925

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks do u know where I can get the official update from? It won't download off of kies since I'm on a leaked build. Thanks

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks do u know where I can get the official update from? It won't download off of kies since I'm on a leaked build. Thanks

If memory serves, this was one of the caveats of using the odin installed leaked version. There is no way to get the official OTA download because you are now not running an "official version". I would guess that a complete offical version that you can flash via odin will show up on XDA forum in the near future.

aali925

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok I see, is there anywhere else I could download the file itself? That way I can just flash it. Thanks for the help so far

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I see, is there anywhere else I could download the file itself? That way I can just flash it. Thanks for the help so far

Sammobile should have the ROM up. It may not be for a while, but they put the official ones up.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

aali925

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I actually got it from there last night, thanks for the help. I will post again if I need more help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad