OTA available on Verizon Galaxy Note 3

roninjoker

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Decided, on a lark, to see if there were any OTA updates available for my Note 3. Surprisingly, an "unknown" update was available and my phone is currently installing it. Could this finally be the long overdue 4.4 update? I know it's not an incremental update since I just checked a few times over the last couple of days and until this morning I was up to date. Can anyone else check and verify that they too are getting this update?

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OTA software update

I just did a manual update check in the settings and it said there is a new update. I'm guessing is kit kat, I'm currently downloading it.

Posted via Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Decided, on a lark, to see if there were any OTA updates available for my Note 3. Surprisingly, an "unknown" update was available and my phone is currently installing it. Could this finally be the long overdue 4.4 update? I know it's not an incremental update since I just checked a few times over the last couple of days and until this morning I was up to date. Can anyone else check and verify that they too are getting this update?

Mine updated. Only took about 10 minutes. No voice mail service.

sent from my Note 3

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Will doin a factory reset help the update settle in better..

You don't need to do one, but consider it if you're having numerous issues after the update. If having issues with only one or two apps then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling those before doing a factory reset.

please back away from the screen

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

On a lark = tapping check for update every half hour like the rest of us are doing! :p

rpsilva95

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the only issue that I am seeing is the one everybody who got the update yesterday was with the voice mail not working

kazmi

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, am a relative android noob so pardon my ignorance. If I do upgrade OTA, does it clear the phone's data? I already made a backup yesterday in anticipation but just wanted to clarify if the upgrade process automatically takes care of creating a backup and then restoring or do we have to do it manually.

TIA!

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, am a relative android noob so pardon my ignorance. If I do upgrade OTA, does it clear the phone's data? I already made a backup yesterday in anticipation but just wanted to clarify if the upgrade process automatically takes care of creating a backup and then restoring or do we have to do it manually.

TIA!
No. Your data should be safe.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset is not needed, however I like to reboot my phones after each update to make sure the new software settles in. But I do agree if you are having issues after the update and rebooting your phones does not help. Then I would go with a reset.

mk_dan

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
How will this affect Launchers on 4.3? I started a new thread in hopes that I'd get some help. Using Nova Prime and I love the current setup. Will 4.4.x change anything?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to do one, but consider it if you're having numerous issues after the update. If having issues with only one or two apps then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling those before doing a factory reset.

Ok Thanks! So far all is good with the exception of my wifi randomly turning itself off and 4G coming on but it was doing that prior to the update

sent from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac