Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default all icons on the notification bar are now white

am i the only one who absolutely hates....and i mean loathe the new all white icons.....any app to customize these? for whatever reason the battery now looks just huge in all white. i hate stupid changes like this that are just stylistic....grrrrrrr.....

Default Re: all icons on the notification bar are now white

I completely agree with you.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I like it,so to each his own...if you get a launcher like nova you can hide notification bar all together an then add a battery widget of your color choice or just pull down notification bar to peek at battery stats, it hides again automatically on nova.
    Thanked by 2:
    spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    am i the only one who absolutely hates....and i mean loathe the new all white icons.....any app to customize these? for whatever reason the battery now looks just huge in all white. i hate stupid changes like this that are just stylistic....grrrrrrr.....
    This isn't a cosmetic update. There are many changes going on under the hood.

Of course it would be nice if Verizon posted a change log.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    Nikkilyn Nikkilyn likes this.
    beh

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts

I like the change to white. But whether you like it or loathe it, it is what it is and whinning about the little stuff doesn't really accomplish much beyond wasting bandwidth.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

I agree. I like a little color in the notification bar. But as it was mentioned above, it is what it is.

I like the white icons. Makes the phone look more sophisticated.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

I miss Lloyd even though that was taken sway prior. I don't like the new face icon when you don't have a photo for a contact. Its lame.

Posted from my awesome Note3
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    I agree. I like a little color in the notification bar. But as it was mentioned above, it is what it is.
    I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it. I liked the little bit of color as well. It helped me quickly determine what was what. Now I have to pay a little bit of attention to do that.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    XXI

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Can someone post pictures so I know what you are taking about

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Here ya go, all white in the notification bar....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all icons on the notification bar are now white-1400061780342.jpg  

I like the white, much easier to see. If that is the only issue folks have with the new software, we are very lucky.
    Thanked by 2:

For those of us that enjoy the outdoors the white is a godsend. The Halo Blue that Google introduced a while back must have been designed by cubicle dwellers that never ventured outdoors because they absolutely impossible to see in bright sunlight. The new Halo standard, pushed by Google, is to have white which is actually visible in bright sunlight. This is very good for us that spend a lot of time outdoors. We no longer have to put a hood over our phone (picture old-time photographers) to see what's going on.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)
    Thanked by:

I'm just the opposite. I've been waiting for all white icons for ages. The green icons were the only thing keeping my homescreen from B&W perfection.

all icons on the notification bar are now white-2014-05-14-16.45.36.jpg
    Thanked by 2:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    This isn't a cosmetic update. There are many changes going on under the hood.

Of course it would be nice if Verizon posted a change log.

no, wasn't saying the entire update was cosmetic, just that little piece...... i was just wondering if there was "an app for that" other than a whole different launcher....

no, wasn't saying the entire update was cosmetic, just that little piece...... i was just wondering if there was "an app for that" other than a whole different launcher....
    I haven't found it...but I will bet dollars to doughnuts, notification colors can be set somewhere.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Samsung glympse is still in color and so is my weather fwiw

Screen shot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all icons on the notification bar are now white-1400113218446.jpg  

The droid maxx stayed blue w the kitkat update because verizon wanted to keep it blue.

I like the white..

sforsyth01 and cjsmoove like this.

Usually the color change of a notification icon is possible because it is controlled by a third party app and not a built in samsung/android app...I have never seen an app to change the system battery icon color...but you could see if there is a way to not show battery indicator in settings and then install a third party battery app or widget that will let you choose color if one is available. Someone may know of one or maybe a google search will produce something.
    Only other option would be to root and take control of the settings yourself...I chose not to go that route. And hide it with launcher...a simple tap or swipe will then show or hide notification bar.
    karsdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    The droid maxx stayed blue w the kitkat update because verizon wanted to keep it blue.
    They didn't keep it blue for the GN3. Why would they care for one phone and not another?

Does anyone know how to keep the battery info from showing up in notifications? I don't need it on the right side of the notification bar and in notifications on the left at the same time.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by lowboydrvr View Post
    Does anyone know how to keep the battery info from showing up in notifications? I don't need it on the right side of the notification bar and in notifications on the left at the same time.
    only time i get a battery notification on the left is when the battery is charged to 100%.....most of the time it's only the status on the right...

Now that you mention it, it is only when fully charged. Not sure why that needs to be a notification but okay. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast