Why is my Note 3 speaking to me about my browser?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
For the past couple of days, every time I access a website or open an app, this loud obnoxious voice says "page loading, page loading", then "page loaded". If I get back to my home screen the voice continues until the sentence is done. It's really intrusive and bothersome, I don't want this on my phone, how do I make it stop?
Also, my phone just prompted me for an update, which I refused. Could this be the dreaded kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
No change in my accessibility settings, and the last apps I got were all from the play store: Waze, Applock and LectureNotes.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe something in lecture notes? Could be dictating.

Sent from my Resurrected T-Mobile Note 3

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Whatever it is seems to have stopped once I tapped "No, thanks" when I got prompted for the software update. Weird.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I did the update. So far so good. No problems.

Posted from my awesome Note3

Im going to wait a bit. Since there's no turning back after it's downloaded, I want to be sure. Plus I'm generally happy with the way my phone works on Jellybean so I'm in no hurry.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
And I spoke too soon. The stupid voice is back with a vengeance. I can no longer access the multi screen feature. All since Verizon fired up kitkat, which I refused to download, btw, I'm still on Jellybean. I am not happy. :mad:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
None of this has anything whatsoever to do with KitKat, which you didn't even download. Stop the nonsense please. You've blamed unrelated problems on not downloading the update in multiple threads and what you are saying is simply not possible.

Now, I will help you anyway. This is happening because you downloaded an app that enables TalkBack. So you can find that app and uninstall the app, or disable it's accessibility service in settings and/or go into talkback settings under accessibility, EVEN if it is set to off, click on it, and disable everything. You may have to do all of the above. But this happened when you installed an app, not when you said no to the update.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
You know, JPR, you sound like a real polyp. And FYI, the only new app I had with talk back was Waze which I un installed days ago before this problem started. Also now I'm being notified that my sd card is safe to remove. For what??? Anyway. Thank you so much for your oh so enraged blow hard contribution. May I suggest extra calcium, vitamin B, chocolate, pizza and extra sleep? It'll do your PMS symptoms a world of good. Have a lovely day.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You know, JPR, you sound like a real polyp. And FYI, the only new app I had with talk back was Waze which I un installed days ago before this problem started. Also now I'm being notified that my sd card is safe to remove. For what??? Anyway. Thank you so much for your oh so enraged blow hard contribution. May I suggest extra calcium, vitamin B, chocolate, pizza and extra sleep? It'll do your PMS symptoms a world of good. Have a lovely day.

I guess what you meant to say was Thank You since I gave you the answer to your problem. You can keep shooting yourself in the foot all you want and blame everyone else but anytime you actually want to fix your phone it is quite easy. I do regret helping you at all but at least the answer is there now for anyone else who gets themselves into the same position with their phone. After your ignorant and childish post I personally hope you continue to refuse to fix your own phone.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Ah. On a trolling mission I see. First of all, it you who started by biting my head off for no reason. Secondly, you did not help fix my problem at all. And now you're accusing me of childish rant??? That is called projecting. And it's a classic tactic used by trolls such as yourself. Now kindly ignore me: no one forced you to read or reply to this thread in the first place. Shoo!

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You have an App installed that is doing that..for me it was Tasker and no I don't think its the Kitkat update(You said you didn't instal it).
For the past couple of days, every time I access a website or open an app, this loud obnoxious voice says "page loading, page loading", then "page loaded". If I get back to my home screen the voice continues until the sentence is done. It's really intrusive and bothersome, I don't want this on my phone, how do I make it stop?
Also, my phone just prompted me for an update, which I refused. Could this be the dreaded kitkat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995