Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post 4.4. Battery Issues

Hi all..

Looking for a little input. I know the note 3 has a monster battery but mine doesn't seem to be acting like it. In a typical day for me I'll spend 45 min in the morning with the screen on during my commute, browsing Web and social media. Then the phone is pretty much idle throughout the day except to answer maybe 30 or so texts throughout the day. End of day same thing about 45 min of surfing Web and social media.

Battery is usually down into the teens by the time I get home. I took some screen shots and will attach. Does this look normal? I'd think with the minimal usage I'd have a little more juice left.

Thoughts and thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 4.4. Battery Issues-1400019779120.jpg   Post 4.4. Battery Issues-1400019792712.jpg  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Default Re: Post 4.4. Battery Issues

I can't speak for the battery life on 4.4 yet. But being on 4.3 I would say that's horrible. What's your screen on time according to the phone? Just click screen on the first screen shot. Judging by how you said you used it, I would expect the device idle to be higher.
    Also do you use Google now? That will keep the phone active whether your using it or not.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Battery life on 4.4 for me today ... maybe 20% better overall.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

kca2000:

thanks for the help. I'm not sure what the on time was. I'll have to check tomorrow and screenshot. I can repost the screenshots.

Thanks!

Mine is still good after the update yesterday. . I did just find though a music downloader I had was using a lot of battery on location so I deleted it.. I guess it doesnt like kitkat.. had the same issue w the same app when my friends motox went to kitkat..

Posted via Android Central App

I noticed poor battery life after update and I did a factory reset after the update. Will look into this more tonorrow.

My battery stats are about like op. Screen was sucking up all the juice no matter how dim I kept it on Verizon N3. I've had ATT N3 on 4.4 for over a month now. Overall, 4.4 has improved the battery life considerably. I see Android System and Android OS using more % than screen, which I was concerned with at first. But, battery will last 30-40% longer than before. I know carriers all have their own KK versions but if Verizon update is anything like Att, you should see a substantial increase in battery life over 4.3. I just updated my Verizon N3 yesterday. If it's half as good as Att KK it will be worth it.

Check to see if location got turned on with update. It did for me and that can really hurt your battery. Good luck!

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

My battery life was already very good and after 4.4 it is even better...there are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to battery life....like signal strength, screen brightnes, and certain apps that continuously run in the background for example email apps that update instantly or every 30 mins or every hour...Google now is a battery hog as well....if I'm not in a 4g area with 3 to 5 bars I find my phone drains even when idle...

So far after being off the charger since 4 am I am at 90% at 8:30am. That's a big improvement.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Update.

At 1045am I'm already down 20% with only 40 min of screen usage. Just surfing Web and social media as I mentioned before.

Should I be concerned or is this normal?

Thanks all!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 4.4. Battery Issues-1400078852562.jpg   Post 4.4. Battery Issues-1400078866060.jpg  
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Update less then 2 hrs later. Screen was on for 14 minutes over 2 Jr period. Lost 13%. Just sent texts over last 2 hrs.

?

Am I too paranoid about battery?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 4.4. Battery Issues-1400084695509.jpg  

Me to

Quote Originally Posted by bontjes View Post
    Me to

That was supposed to be a comment reply.

My battery life is better since kit Kat. Especially since I unchecked all the syncing options for Google+ and Google photos.

Try turning off the search for open wifi . That can drain your battery & try turning off some of the items on the notification bar...if you really don't need them...and like someone else said your Google Sucks alot of juice
    Good luck

I think I'm getting great batter life here is my photos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 4.4. Battery Issues-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-13-00.jpg   Post 4.4. Battery Issues-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-12-57.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by zoggybottom View Post
    Check to see if location got turned on with update. It did for me and that can really hurt your battery. Good luck!
    Which location function are you referring to please?

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I know my battery will appear to be drained more because I will be experimenting with every app and function of the phone now that it is updated. I have seen my phone go a couple days on a charge when just carried and not used much, and I have seen it go down in a few hours of Candy Crush. Just using it more will cause them to appear to be going down faster. People should consider this. I knew a refrigerator repair man who had a customer that claimed his refrigerator would not stay cold. The guy opened it constantly to verify it was not working correctly. My friend put a sensor on it that recorded the temperature over time and showed the guy that since it was opened every few minutes, it would never get cold.
    Thanked by:

Informally speaking, it feels like it is about 20% better post upgrade.

One hour of screen on time. Should I be concerned?
    Post 4.4. Battery Issues-screenshot_2014-05-14-16-45-43.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PConly11 View Post
    Hi all..

Looking for a little input. I know the note 3 has a monster battery but mine doesn't seem to be acting like it. In a typical day for me I'll spend 45 min in the morning with the screen on during my commute, browsing Web and social media. Then the phone is pretty much idle throughout the day except to answer maybe 30 or so texts throughout the day. End of day same thing about 45 min of surfing Web and social media.

Battery is usually down into the teens by the time I get home. I took some screen shots and will attach. Does this look normal? I'd think with the minimal usage I'd have a little more juice left.

Thoughts and thanks!

Your android seems to be running fine according to the percentages. Hopefully there will be another update to fix this regard. Although Note 2 and Note 3 has the same battery, Note 3 battery life is not as good as Note 2. You can check out the full specs on phonearena.com

I did a reset right after the update, but I notice issues with battery life. Drains a little bit faster with kitkat. I noticed also the android os &; services use a little bit more power & also The screen seems to use a little bit more juice. I shut off the nfc, Samsung beam & some other things to try & regain some battery life back. I use to run Google now & I shut that off to. This stinks though because I do use some stuff & it's a shame that I have to shut it off.
    My question is should I try another reset to see if it helps because I even notice some off my apps when I use them taking a little bit more juice then when I had jelly bean.

Try it and let us know. I noticed battery isn't as great as it use to be. Seems something is draining it more. Maybe we're just finger our notes a bit more with the update. Oh and what about that setting to auto login to WiFi when it can? Wouldn't that run looking for WiFi all the time?